Happy Mondaaaaayyyyy! My day/week got off to a great start, and it’s probably largely due to a fantastic weekend. I’m gonna rewind a bit, and fill you in on it.
- Morning run. I toootally drove in the direction of work instead of going to my new run spot. Lol. It was fine though, because there’s a really nice strip of beach out that way, and a sidewalk to run on. I just parked on the side of the road and ran there. It was sooo nice. The ocean, the minimal traffic, the breeze, the quiet of the morning… It was just great. I usually do 15-20 minutes of 3:1 (run:walk). For some reason, I just kept going. I RAN THE WHOLE THING! 15 minutes! I couldn’t get a decent picture of the stats, but here they are: Duration – 15;04″; Pace: 9’03” min/mi; Distance: 1.67 mi; Calories: 179. After the workout, the voice of Tiger Woods congratulated me on clocking my FASTEST MILE! 9’08”! I guess running the whole way instead of run-walking would obviously result in a faster mile, but hey… It was nice to hear and see it. So this working out and training has been paying off. Imagine if I actually managed to stick the plan and run when I want to! (I should be able to now, with transportation sorted out.) I seriously ran the whole thing. I know that’s like nothing for a lot of people, but huuuge for me. I wonder how long it’ll be before I can do 30 minutes non-stop. I’m not in a big rush though. Enjoying the journey, appreciating the process.
- Morning yoga. Yeah. Right after my run, it was time to head over to yoga class. My mother was diagnosed with MS over a year ago, and her doctor recommended yoga. She really needs to do all she can to stretch, strengthen, and relax her muscles. Yoga it is. *sighs* I was NOT excited about this class. All I ever thought was, uuuugh, yoga is so dummmb. What’s the point of all that stretching and breathing and crap. Dummmb. Waste of time. And energy. BLAAAH! It didn’t help when I took a “beginner” class at the gym on my university’s campus and HATED it. It was crazy. I was like, “Lady, are you SERIOUS?! How am I gonna get my leg there?!” I just laid on my mat and went to sleep until it was over. Well! Imagine my surprise when I actually ENJOYED the yoga class on Saturday! I actually FELT things. Parts of my body WOKE UP. It was amazing. Mind you, I still wasn’t down for all the breathing stuff. I got bored once or twice. I actually like to meditate (for short times), but I think the runner’s high had something to do with it. I felt like I could bounce from wall to wall, and possibly fly. It was a big switch. Anyway, I liked it. I found that I was able to do quite a bit more than I thought I could. It was challenging, but you can bet your fanny that I answered the call! I’ll be back on Saturday with my mom. Again, it will be after my run. Maybe I’ll have a walk after the run to bring myself down a little? I don’t know.
- Breakfast. I really don’t believe in buying breakfast. It seems so silly. It’s so easy and cheap to make eggs and turkey bacon at home, or whip up some oatmeal. Why pay for breakfast?! Well, I’ve taken to really treating myself on Saturdays. I buy a big breakfast for myself (stew conch – like a conch soup? – with a big piece of johnny cake – a cross between cake and bread). I’ll have to take a picture of it next time. I also get breaky for Babe and for my mum. It’s always sooo good, right after a shower, and right before lounging on the couch with my nook.
- Quick dash out with Babe. The phone company was set up in a shopping centre parking lot giving away modems and waiving installation fees for the internet. Well, we don’t have a phone, so we didn’t qualify. Oh, well. While we were there, we went grocery shopping. Note that every time I use “we” in this particular point, I actually mean Babe. I just drove. And sat in the car and waited. I was WORKED OUT. AND really full. Hahaha.
- WIIIIINE DINNNNNEEEEERRRRR! Sooo good. Our friends Vanessa, Ashley, and Rea joined us. It was a good time. Good food, good wine, great company. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the company. I’ll post the menu tomorrow. (This post is already really long.) And maybe some pictures, if WP wants to be nice to me.
- Chiiiiillllllllll. Babe made breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, and turkey baconnnnn! WOO! Loved it.
- We pretty much stayed in bed, reading our nooks and chatting.
- Laundryyyyy. I usually have FamJam but my great-gram went away, so I met my brother at her house to do laundry.
- Dinneeerrr. I’ve been meaning to cook a nice meal for Babe for a while. I bought all the stuff for it last week, but didn’t get around to doing it. Well, last night, I did! We had chicken parmesan on spaghetti. I’ve definitely done better, but it was okay. Babe seemed to like it.
- The body is amazing.
- I can do anything I want, as long as I don’t just want, but put in the effort.
- Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it. Twice.
- Routines are nice. So are treats.
- Give. Take. Give some more.
- Wine makes everyone happy.
How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting/different? Did you learn (or re-learn) any lessons?