No, it’s not a snippet from my life. Sorry, guys. I know that makes it less of an exciting story, but, well… What can I say? At least I made it up. I can get some credit for that, right?
This one is response to this week’s Trifecta Challenge to use “band” in a story of 33-333 words.
Krazy Glue Sandwich
“Everyone has a right to know, Mother.”
“I don’t have a right to my own privacy? Since when did everyone’s rights nullify mine?”
Mother always knew how to shut us up. To make us feel stupid. To take control.
I searched her face for any sign that she may let us win, just this once. Vacant eyes stared straight ahead in defiance.
Click the photo to read more.
Yep! It’s another story resulting from a Trifecta prompt.
He loomed over her, whisky-breath escaping in heavy pants, resting on her face. His calloused hands pressed against her chest, persistent and rhythmic. Beads of sweat rolled down his whiskered face, dripping on her…
To read the rest, click the image.
I’ve written another short story in response to a prompt. This time the prompt is a photo. Click it to read the story. Don’t forget to comment!
I wrote a short story for a prompt by Trifecta. They give a one-word prompt, and participants have to use that words in a story of 33 to 333 words. And the word has to be used with the third given definition. The word for the last one was CRACK.
The chip stood out, in all its laughable glory. She’d bury us alive for this.
Knowing she had only twelve months, she’d spent the time upgrading her body. Sucking from here, injecting there, her obsession knew no bounds…
Click here to read the rest. And don’t forget to comment!
Hey, hey, heeeyyy!
Been a while, right?
Life has been a bit insane lately. Job. No job. Job. No job. Crappy job. Illnesses. Bad news. So-so news. More bad news. Bleh!
I probably won’t remember everything to catch you up on. Let’s see…
- Working a little part-time gig, just until I find something better. I don’t like it at all, but hey… Gotta do what ya gotta do!
- Unexpected travel. Doctor appointments, horrible procedures, crazy side effects. Not for me, but I was there for it. Glad it’s over!
- Novelling. Yep. Still going at it. And Camp NaNoWriMo (July edition) started today. Woot, woooot! Not sure if I mentioned before, but there is a part II to The Whispering Willow, so that’s my job for the month of July.
- Completely fell-off the wagon with working out. I am feeling (and probably looking) like a lump. I keep wanting to get back to it, but then I feel so horribly tired. Part anemia, part lack-of-activity, I think. Must break the cycle!
- Job hunting. Furiously. In both senses of the word. Lol.
- Haircut! Okay, so my hair has always been short. But I went a little shorter the time before last, and shorter still the last time. I love it. My dad took exception to it, but BLEH! Who cares. *I* pay for my haircuts.
- My dad seriously told me to start “wearing longer things”. Can you imagine?! Yeah. You can laugh now. *orders more short dresses and booty shorts online* Oh, wait. I HAZ NO MONIES! Lol.
- Trayvon Martin trial. OMG. SERIOUSLY. The defense lawyer is the biggest jerk. While I do not support loose use of “retarded” I whooped a little when Rachel Jeantel said, “That’s real retarded, sir.” ‘Cause he’s tapped in the head.
- DOMA OVERTURNED! + GOODBYE PROP 8! I don’t live in the U.S., but a victory for one really is a victory for all.
- Ignorance really is all around. I know a couple getting married this month. The woman’s mother has DISOWNED her because she is marrying a man who is not from the same Caribbean country as her and is not white. WHAT?! So she’s pretty much done with her daughter and her granddaughters? You’d think she would be more supportive, especially after the soon-to-be-bride got out of a relationship with a man who abused her and her daughters. I just… *shakes head* There are no words. The struggle is all around. But many of us are strong enough to say, “Screw it, and screw you!” to the naysayers.
- ICE CREAM! (Yeah, I just wanted to end on a high note.)
So… Fill me in! Tell me one thing I probably missed over the past few months. I’ll see how far back I can read, but you don’t mind making it easy for me, do you? 😀
EDIT: How did I forget this part?! Wedding postponed. Bummer. Blah! Such is life. All that stuff. Must make more money, save more money, and get the heck out of here permanently, not just for the wedding week. Not sure how or when we’ll pull it off now. Rather it be sooner than later, but not to impede true (financial and immigration) progress. Stay tuned. (This was actually the first thing to my mind when I was making the bulleted list, but I didn’t want to open with it. Then I forgot it. Brilliant. Hahaha.)