A random, eclectic mix of thoughts, feelings, observations, and experiences – LIFE
Today, I’m thankful for:
- The call for an interview. It’s really time for me to leave this job. I know it’s time to go when I have zero interest in completing tasks and spend most of my time daydreaming, surfing the net, hiding (don’t ask), and planning life when I have my own business. The interview is at 11am tomorrow. With traffic, and wanting to be there a little early, I’ll have to be on my way by 10am. They’ll probably run late, and the interview may take a while. This means I’ll be calling in sick.
- The rain that stopped in time for me to run out for something to eat. I have to go grocery shop this evening. I didn’t really have anything to bring for lunch. Of course, on the one day that I don’t bring lunch, it rains. Lol. I was able to go out after 1pm. Yay!
- Finding my LIME GREEN Nalgene water bottle. I went to my aunt’s, and went digging in her fridge for my iron medication I left when I moved out a few months ago. There, waaayyy at the back, sat the bottle I’ve been looking for. For 3 months.
- Seeing my paternal grandmother and uncle today. Now, my grandmother has a very distinctive voice. She is extremely well spoken. Especially for a Bahamian. (Bahamians tend to have heavy accent and really bad dialect.) She doesn’t use dialect. Well, only VERY intentional. She was having normal conversation with a salesperson, and automatically, my ears wagged. I said, “That. Is definitely. Grammy Jacquie.” And it was. She was with Uncle Scottland (whose name is really just Scott) which was cool since he lives in Florida now. Good to see ’em both.
- A fun day off with my Babe that I can look back at and smile. We had good, clean, simple fun.