What a weekend!
Friday was a holiday (Labour Day in The Bahamas), so it was a long one. My sister went away, and left me with her car. Along with her car came a few to-do’s. I became Super Auntie. This weekend, I:
- Took my niece to a retreat at church which wrapped up her CCD (I really don’t know what that stands for) classes she took for confirmation.
- Picked up niece from retreat, and took her for food for her and my nephew (who was at home) before taking her home.
- Took my nephew to school to take his first SAT.
- Picked up nephew from school in some ridiculous traffic in the rain.
- Took nephew for food. This entailed sitting on the drive-thru for a really long time. I picked him up from the SAT at 1:30pm and didn’t get him home until after 3pm. Ridiculous!
- Picked up niece when I dropped off nephew. She went to see her godfather, and to shop for shoes for her confirmation (which was the next day).
- Helped niece pick out shoes at the first shoe store we went to. WOOHOO!
- Took niece home with Babe and I where we all slept for about 45 minutes.
- Took niece to the movies to meet her friend.
- Picked up niece from movies. Her friend’s ride wasn’t there, so we hung out in the parking lot for about an hour until the mom showed up. Then, took niece home.
- Picked up my sister from the airport on Sunday morning and handed the car back over.
Sis: “You let these children run you ragged! Why you let them do that to you? They run you RAGGED!”
LOL. She cracks me up.
My nephew is funny too. When I dropped him home and told him to get his sister he said, “Oh, she goin’ with you?” I said, “Yeah, we’re going to get her shoes for confirmation.” He grabbed his Wendy’s bag and slid out of the car saying, “Well… Thanks for the ride… I’ll be going now.” LOL. It was hilarious. Maybe he thought I was gonna try to make him shoe shop with us? Idk. LOL.
On Sunday evening, I went to my niece’s confirmation. The service was quite nice, and it was only 2 hours. I was expecting it to be longer. For some reason, the Catholic churches here confirm all of their students at ONE service held at the Cathedral. I found that kind of strange since I was raised in the Anglican church, and each church held its own Confirmation service (in the regular church service). *shrugs*
The weekend was busy, but fun. Now it’s time to get to work. I’m still on the job hunt. I haven’t heard from the non-profit I interviewed with yet, so it’s safe to say that I didn’t get the job. Blaaah! They asked for a LOT of qualifications and experience, so it was a long shot anyway. I’m hoping something comes along soon. I’m tired of paying bills out of my savings account. My bank account is looking really sad these days.
Some things I’m working on this week:
- Polishing a flash fiction
- Editing a short story (changing the tense)
- Choosing two more competition to enter (part of ROW80 challenge)
- Checking DAILY for job postings
- Writing another short story
- Ordering 2 or 3 more books on the craft of writing
- Get my butt on the road to RUN. I’m feeling rather fat these days. Not good!
Oh, my gosh. I found some conferences and retreats that look AWESOME! If I had a freaking JOB, I would have already signed up for at least one of them. *sighs* Fingers crossed for things to start looking up.
How was your weekend? What’s your week looking like?