The Running Thriver, Thoughts From a Jaded Heart, AND She Wants To Write tossed this awesomeness my way! Took me a while to finally accept, but hey… I’m doin’ it! I’m really happy about getting this award. It really makes me feel good and confetti-ish to know that people like what they see when they visit my blog. 🙂
I feel super duper ridiculously special right now! I love this award! I think it’s awesome that it comes with rules, and recipients get to spread the love. The best part is that reader get introduced to new, awesome blogs. That is just… Too great. And there are so many blogs that I LOVE to read. I feel like I follow new blogs every day. *thinks* Yeah, I definitely do.
As recipient, I must link back to the givers (done), list seven things about myself (because you couldn’t possibly know enough already), and share it with 5-15 other awesome blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
- I recently started training for my first 5k. I’m really excited about it. I’ve done loads of research, and I’m even more amped up to do this than I was in the beginning. I started another blog to track my progress, adventures, etc.
- I love love love cake and ice cream. I do NOT like pie.
- My favourite cereal in Honey Bunches of Oats. I also like Honey Nut Cheerios. Raisin Bran is okay. I like it best a bit soggy with bananaaaaa. My little guilty pleasure cereals are Rice Krispies (with sugar and a bit of hot water added) and Corn Pops.
- Stereo Love never seems to get old for me.
- My shower has to be HOT. Really hot. Almost to the point of burning me. And I don’t like the least bit of cool air. I close the bathroom window if the weather is cool-ish.
- I’m finally getting back into writing. Hoping to produce some work that’s I’m happy enough with to send off for some competitions. Maybe win a little kizz-ash!
- I really, really like my job.
- I love taking pictures, but not when other people are looking. The only person that needs to watch me take pictures is the photographer.
- I’m over the whole Facebook thing. Twitter and blogging are way cooler. I just used FB for a photo dump. Mostly.
- I’ve weaned myself off of Cokes really well. I still drink them when I feel like it, but it’s not a daily thing any more. YAY, ME!
- Eat the Damn Cake – “Beauty. Body image. Womanhood. Dessert.” Kate’s blog is greatness. She echoes so many of my thoughts. Reading her posts often leads me to lots of head nodding, “Frick, YEAH!”ing. Check it out!
- Ramblings of an Emotional Idiot – She’s funny. And honest. Two things that I really like to see. In people, AND in blogs. You’ll see it when you get there.
- Bloom Anyway – One of my new favourite corners of the internet. Very fun, happy, upbeat, flowery… Ya know? It’s a feel good sort of blog. That’s not to say that all of the posts are super HAPPY-LADY-ish. Some are very heartfelt and raw, and maybe a little wrenching. Go see.
- The Feminist Griote – The posts aren’t very frequent, but you can see the thought that went into each one. They’re not ridiculously heavy or full of research or anything. To the point, understandable, and worth the read. So read.
- Up and Away – Fun to read. Sort of… Pleasant? Even when the topic isn’t super pleasant, the approach still kind of is. It’s nice. See for yourself.
- 52 Kitchen Adventures – Recipeeeees! You knooow how I feel about food! This blog has some really worthy-of-trying recipes. If you like spending time in the kitchen, hop over there and see what you can grab.
- Cupcake Project – Yeah. I know I didn’t need to say any more to get you to clicky the linky.