It’s a busy day for me, y’all. I have lots to do. Including writing. I have 3 articles to write for work before the end of the day, and (of course) my own project. Did I tell y’all that in addition to short stories, I’m writing a novel? I may share more info later, but I may keep it offline for a while longer. I think I need it to take more shape first. Alright, so let’s start this Thankful Thursday party! WOO!
I’m thankful for:
- Amazing dinners that I go home to. Babe gets down in the kitchen pretty much every night so that I don’t have to get home after a long day at work to cook for us. And no complaints either. The other night, we had a great dish of beef strips, mashed potato, asparagus and carrots. It was sooo good. Last night, we had chicken fettucine. WITH mushrooms. Looooove!
- A great weekend. See Weekend Recap for details.
- Getting back into running. I haven’t gone all week because it’s been ridiculously busy and I’ve been super tired, but I’m back on it tomorrow.
- Nail appointment today. I really don’t like having them done, but they’re sooo pretty after.
- Improvement in water consumption
- Music. Especially by Nerina Pallot, Scala, Sarah Blasko, and Austra at the moment.
- Special treats. Like chocolate cake, ice cream, warm hugs, and sweet kisses.
- My dad. Today is his birthday. I can really say that my dad loves me, wants the best for me, and does everything in his power to make sure that I am comfortable, healthy, and well taken care of. I can honestly say that my dad has played a huge part in my life from the very beginning. He made sure my school fees were paid, my clothes were paid, I never went hungry, I took vitamins, I went to the doctor when necessary, and I was never alone or without support. He made decisions that I did not like, but I was never tossed in the backseat. Even as an adult, he is almost always the first person I call when there is trouble or uncertainty. My parents aren’t even together, and I know that he is one of the first people my mother calls for help. And he always answers. Everyone can’t say that. I can. How awesome is that?!
- Having enough. Not too much, or too little. I have enough.
Hope you’re feeling thankful today. If not, I encourage you to get in the spirit! If you’re reading this post, that means you can:
- Get internet access
- Be thankful too
So get on it. Let me know what you’re thankful for today.
On another note, I’m on a hunt. I want a new writing device. I would use it exclusively for my novel (and possible short story) writing. I don’t want another laptop. Or a desktop (Blech!). I’ll settle for a netbook if I have too, but something like the Neo2 or Dana (overpriced, in my opinion) would be cool. They just seem like old models. No updates in a while. Do you know of any other products like them? I can’t seem to find anything else. Not knowing what exactly to search for is probably a part of the problem. “Neo2 competitor”? “Writing device”? “Writers favourite gadgets”? I really don’t know. Nothing is working. HELP! Please let me know of anything you have used, heard of, stumbled upon, or magically found by searching on my behalf Many thanks for your efforts!