- Getting my butt outta bed super early for runs
- Getting my butt outta be super early for work – Means I feel less rushed, don’t have road rage, and have time to sit and be at peace for a few minutes before I start gittin’ ‘er
- Planning my novel instead of just going at it, which I
Posts tagged ‘weekend plans’
Quick post here, quick post there. I know that’s the way it’s been lately. I’m really not trying to treat you like a stepchild. I’m not. It’s just so KAH-RAY-ZEH all the time now! I love it!
Sing with me now. “Ya got me feelin’ hella good, so let’s just keeeep on dancinnn’. Ya hold me like ya should, so I’m gone keeeep on dancinnn’!” Shake those booties. LEMME SEE THOSE BOOTIES IN THE AIR!
Okay… *sips water* I’m calm now. Here are a few quick things I wanna share with ya:
- The time change has ruined my life. Okay, not really. But it DOES suck really, really bad. I hate it. Why the frig does the time keep changing anyway?! Who came up with that stupid idea? It sucks. Now it’s super effing dark when I get home in the evening. Know what that means? Very little gets done. I can’t go out and run. My eyes trick the rest of my body into being tired so I don’t get much writing done. Or cleaning. Or cooking. Or whatever.
- I have a lot of writing to do. A LOT. NaNoWriMo is still kicking my butt. I need to give’er! I ONLY wrote on Sunday. That’s IT. SUNDAY. Pathetic! I have to catch up by the weekend, or it just won’t make any sense. I also have a short story to work on for a competition. I stopped at about 1900 words. It’s supposed to be 2,000-5,000 words. It’s looking like it’ll be closer to the 5,000. The story is pretty good, though I’m not quite sure which way I’m going with it. I’m confident that it will be done by the weekend. Then, I’ll toss it aside for a few days before I get to editing. I feel quite confident that the story itself (so far) is good. I’m just not convinced that it’s a WINNER. It needs to be a WINNER. Ya dig?
- I’m off track with running. I’m not sure what I should do. It is REALLY too dark to run at night. It’s be too dark to go in the morning as well since I have to leave home so blasted early to get two buses to work. I need to get a car soooon. My life needs to get back on track.
- Super excited about a Wine Dinner with Babe on the weekend. Our friend Vanessa is coming with us. We may pick up a stray or two to sit at our table. There’s a slight savings for tables of 4 or more. Either way, we’ll be there, and we will LOVE it. I’ll post the menu later.
- I still love my job. It’s so great. My office is great. The people in the building are really nice, and always seem to be in a good mood. If they have problems, they obviously leave them at home. I like it!
- Christmas is coming, fast and furious. We have less than two months to go, people! I don’t know if Babe and I are going to do the whole decorating thing. I hope so. I really like having a tree, and at least SMELLING Christmas. If we’re gonna do it, we should get on it soon. I’d like to order our hanging ball decorations for the tree within the next 7 days so they get here in time. Also, two places are having sales until Saturday. We need to get what we need to get while those sales are going on. I’ll see what I can do about getting a car for our errands. I’m anxious to get my shopping done. Online, online, online. Like I said, Dec. 1, I plan to be DONE. It even rhymes. I’ll be DONE on December ONE. Yep!
- I went through a gazillion (read: a dozen… and a half) websites and copied, pasted, and emailed writing contest info to Babe. That way, it can get copied and pasted into Pages on zee MacBook, and I can access it at home. I’m really getting into this writing thing, y’all. It’s like, something was laying dormant in me for ages. All of a sudden, Babe gives me a few little talks, and I’m doing NaNoWriMo again, I’m writing a short story, and I’m thinking about all of the other stories I’ll be writing over the next few weeks. It’s fun! Did I forget how much I love writing?! I think I did… Anyway, I’m back in the saddle. YEEEE-HAAAAAWWWWW!
Well, there are just a few minutes left in my work day. I FINALLY got my delivery of office supplies, and this place needs some organizing and putting together. I also need to water my beautiful orchid. Even at the end of the day, things, things, things to do. I love it! I’m such a busybody. Hahahaha.
Hope your week is going SUPERRRRRRR!
Do you have any fun plans for your weekend yet? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? Is there anything you gave up for a while, and need/want to get back into? What lights up your life? TALK TO ME!
Happy Tuesday! The day so many people dread is over. On to the next one! Hope you’re on track and getting things done. I’m on the ball. At the same time, I’m feeling really random today. I’m just going to go with it. I hope you don’t mind randomness.
- Articles all over the place about my appointment to this awesome job. Woot, woot! It was in one newspaper on Friday, another yesterday, and it’s posted in the news/press release section of the Ride For Hope Bahamas website. YAY! Like us on Facebook!
- I found a crazy ridiculous recipe. For spinach lasagna. Ummm… YUMMM. And it’s made – get this – in a SLOW COOKER! What the monkey wrenches helicopter?!?! I don’t have a slow cooker, but if you do, you should definitely make this lasagna, and FedEx a piece to me. Click here for it.
- This cell phone battery SUCKS. We went and bought a new BlackBerry last week, but I’m pretty sure it’s the one they had on display. Either they’ve already killed it, or some smart employee switched the battery out with their own. Ugh. I have to order a new one. Hellooo, Amazon.
- Other things I’m getting from Amazon: a few nice items for Babe’s Christmas stocking (which I won’t list here in case she read this post), a multi-tool for our bikes and stuff, running things (skirts, tanks, shorts), compression sleeves (which I obviously need as my calf muscles keep reminding me)… I don’t remember the rest.
- Saturday was great. Babe and I spent the day together. Breakfast in bed, a little shopping trip, saved a bunch of money (using a discount card, and winning a $25 gift card at a different store from a scratch ‘n’ win card), had lunch and treats, walked halfway home before someone (Babe knows) stopped and took us the rest of the way. Then we did a little lounging, loving, and then getting ready. Getting ready = showering + packing + doing hair + me envisioning all the missing that would happen once the airport drop happened.
- I need to get started on our living room project. I think I mentioned how happy I was/am that Babe agreed to it. It’s going to be GREAT when I finish it. If only I could get STARTED. Gees, Louise. I gotta find my way to one or two store to get the necessary material.
- I’m thinking about making the wall art for our bathroom. Our shower curtain has palm trees, and the colours are nice (tan, brown, green), and the bathmat and wastebasket are well-coordinated. We just need wall art. I’m thinking of cross-stitch. I can definitely do that, and do it right. Whenever I have the time, I’ll find a good palm tree pattern, then go to the local fabric/art-ish store to get the embroidery thread, needle, and cloth/material. Oh, and I need to run it by Babe to make sure it’s okay.
- I need a MUG. That’s also on the Amazon list. My office is rather chilly, and I like tea and hot chocolate. It’ll all work wonderfully together once I have a mug to keep at work. I’d like it to be a NICE mug. A little oversized. And it should be, of course, GREEN. 🙂 Or purple, since that’s the dominant Ride For Hope Bahamas colour. Dark purple, light purple, green (like the one I like!), and yellow.
- I have a lot of work to do! It’s great. It’s taking me a while because there is SO much to work on. It doesn’t help that I don’t have a landline in the office yet. OR the internet. The installation date is November 3. Ridiculous. I know. This is how it works in third world countries.
- Babe is away. Since Saturday night. Won’t be back until next week. *sighs* Denmark is SO far away. The time difference sort of sucks, but we’re managing to communicate fairly often. Of course there’s lots of missing and stuff.
- I’m staying at my great-grandmother’s (Ma) for the week. She lives a lot closer to where I work, and I can get drives to and from. Saving on the bus fare, and getting to sleep over an hour later. It still doesn’t make up for Babe being away.
- On Saturday, I’ll be hanging out with our good friend. Vanessa is super cool, but oh-so-very busy. We don’t get to hang out often enough. We’re taking this Saturday to do it up. We’re probably gonna do lunch AND dinner. With wine. Yeah, we’re fancy and splurgy. Doesn’t happen often though, so it’s okay. 🙂 I’m hoping we’ll be in the area of a cool plant shop so I can get a plant for my office. How I’m going to get it here, I have no idea. I’m NOT taking a plant PLUS my bag(s) on the bus. It’ll have to be at home until I get a drive to work. Oh, wait. Ma lives sort of nearby. I can leave it at her house on Sunday when we go for FamJam, and she can drop it off whenever. YAY! I’m so smart!
- NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) coming up. I didn’t do it this year. Maybe this year. We’ll see. Budding writers, check it out here. Challenge yourself. Write a (50,000 word) novel in one month. November, to be specific. It’s fun, especially if there are events planned in your area. I used to looove Word Wars.
- Awesome quote from JM’s yoga instructor: “I wish I could sit on my couch and eat cake and it would make me one with everything. But it doesn’t work that way.” Read the whole (funny) post here.
- Willow (Smith), the hair whipping – and now fireball – daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith has a new song out. Firebaaallllll! Nicki Minaj features in it. Did you know that I REALLY like Nicki Minaj? She’s so FUNNY! Babe pointed out that she has a bit of a Caribbean sound in some of the lyrics. Particularly “fireball.” It’s true. Anyway, I like this girl. She’s so young and fresh, and APPROPRIATE. She doesn’t sing about love, sex, dating, or money. She’s staying relevant to her peers, but still giving us adults something to rock out to, and sing along with.
- I feel like having a ruuunnn!
Sup with you? Is there anything you’ve already planned for the weekend? Tell me something random.