Hey, y’all! Yet again, it’s been a while. Lots and lots and lots going on.
- It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Doing lots of volunteering and part-time work at a local non-profit.
- Short Story Collection to be release in December. Still writing shorts to be added to it. And editing.
- Novel revisions have come to a screeching halt. I need to get back to it. Soon.
- Moving! Yeah, it’s time for a new space. A nicer space. Open, bright, and breezy. Wait ’til you see it!
- Ideas, ideas, ideas. So many of them, all tangled up together. Good grief!
- Website updates. I need to do them. Soon. Maybe this weekend?
- New story posted: Banned Books. Do check it out and comment! There are a few others I didn’t post here too, so check them out. 🙂
- Currently reading: The Story of Beautiful Girl
- NaNoWriMo is coming up! Holy busy! This month and next month will be nuts! I’m mentally preparing. But you know I love it that way.
- Photo shoot last Sunday. YES! For my professional images, author photo for the back cover of my book, and website banner. SO excited. I should get the final images in a few days.
I think that’s it. Is that it? Hmmm… I think so.
I’ll try to be back again soon, but I can’t make any promises. ‘Til the next time, BE WELL! 🙂
Hey, hey, heeeyyy!
Been a while, right?
Life has been a bit insane lately. Job. No job. Job. No job. Crappy job. Illnesses. Bad news. So-so news. More bad news. Bleh!
I probably won’t remember everything to catch you up on. Let’s see…
- Working a little part-time gig, just until I find something better. I don’t like it at all, but hey… Gotta do what ya gotta do!
- Unexpected travel. Doctor appointments, horrible procedures, crazy side effects. Not for me, but I was there for it. Glad it’s over!
- Novelling. Yep. Still going at it. And Camp NaNoWriMo (July edition) started today. Woot, woooot! Not sure if I mentioned before, but there is a part II to The Whispering Willow, so that’s my job for the month of July.
- Completely fell-off the wagon with working out. I am feeling (and probably looking) like a lump. I keep wanting to get back to it, but then I feel so horribly tired. Part anemia, part lack-of-activity, I think. Must break the cycle!
- Job hunting. Furiously. In both senses of the word. Lol.
- Haircut! Okay, so my hair has always been short. But I went a little shorter the time before last, and shorter still the last time. I love it. My dad took exception to it, but BLEH! Who cares. *I* pay for my haircuts.
- My dad seriously told me to start “wearing longer things”. Can you imagine?! Yeah. You can laugh now. *orders more short dresses and booty shorts online* Oh, wait. I HAZ NO MONIES! Lol.
- Trayvon Martin trial. OMG. SERIOUSLY. The defense lawyer is the biggest jerk. While I do not support loose use of “retarded” I whooped a little when Rachel Jeantel said, “That’s real retarded, sir.” ‘Cause he’s tapped in the head.
- DOMA OVERTURNED! + GOODBYE PROP 8! I don’t live in the U.S., but a victory for one really is a victory for all.
- Ignorance really is all around. I know a couple getting married this month. The woman’s mother has DISOWNED her because she is marrying a man who is not from the same Caribbean country as her and is not white. WHAT?! So she’s pretty much done with her daughter and her granddaughters? You’d think she would be more supportive, especially after the soon-to-be-bride got out of a relationship with a man who abused her and her daughters. I just… *shakes head* There are no words. The struggle is all around. But many of us are strong enough to say, “Screw it, and screw you!” to the naysayers.
- ICE CREAM! (Yeah, I just wanted to end on a high note.)
So… Fill me in! Tell me one thing I probably missed over the past few months. I’ll see how far back I can read, but you don’t mind making it easy for me, do you? 😀
EDIT: How did I forget this part?! Wedding postponed. Bummer. Blah! Such is life. All that stuff. Must make more money, save more money, and get the heck out of here permanently, not just for the wedding week. Not sure how or when we’ll pull it off now. Rather it be sooner than later, but not to impede true (financial and immigration) progress. Stay tuned. (This was actually the first thing to my mind when I was making the bulleted list, but I didn’t want to open with it. Then I forgot it. Brilliant. Hahaha.)