You know I love these thingies. I know, I’m skipping the first three. Oh, well! Maybe I’ll go back and do those later.
Posts tagged ‘Sunday Stealing’
1. When you’re home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom?
2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone?
I hate grocery shopping here, and feel better about it if the task is split. Sometimes, I feel like I get it done faster when I go alone. It really depends. One thing I like about going alone is knowing what I have in the cart, and what the cost of the items is. I keep a tally in my head.
3. It’s your best friend’s birthday. Would you buy them a gift even if they didn’t buy you one for yours?
Yeah, I like getting gifts for people. Especially if I know them well, and have an understanding of what they like/want/need.
4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why?
ALL of it NOW. I’m an economics brain. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.
5. Do you like your music loud, or at a reasonable level?
Is loud not reasonable? What is a reasonable level?
6. Are you a beach person, or a snowy mountain person?
7. When do you brush your teeth?
FIRST thing in the morning, and last (or almost last) thing at night. And usually somewhere in between.
8. Can you watch scary movies alone?
That would be my preference.
9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who’s in it with you?
More firm than soft, I think. Babe. Who else?
10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about?
I haaaaate being at home all day. I need to get fresh air. Be outside. Take a walk. SOMEthing. I also hate traffic, so I’m not a fan of being out in it all day. *shrugs
11. What’s one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)?
My great-grandmother’s grief after the death of my grandfather.
12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational?
I HATE confrontation. Hate it. I prefer to address issues in a calm, un-accusing manner.
I know that when someone addressing something with me and uses YOU YOU YOU and makes assumptions, it really pisses me off, and I am automatically on the defense, and their message is lost on me. I just shut down. Either I tell them to screw off, or I am completely unresponsive and whenever they feel they are done, I am happy to be on my way. Knowing this, I do my best not to take that approach, but to center what I am saying around me, and the way that I feel rather than what they DO DO DO.
13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people, or a few close friends?
14. What are your plans for October?
Launch series of children’s books. That’s about it.
15. If money were not a problem, where would you like to live?
Canada. Not sure which province.
16. What is your ideal profession?
If I had children, stay-at-home mumma!
Senior management of a non-profit organization, preferably geared toward youth work.
17. Are you close to your Mom and Dad?
18. What is one fear that you can’t seem to overcome?
Hmmm… Of animals, I guess.
19. Are you good at math?
If you feel like answering the questions, share the link so I can read them. 🙂
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
4) What do you think about most?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
7) What’s your strangest talent?
8) Women…. (finish the sentence); Men…. (finish the sentence)
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What’s your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
17) What was the last lie you told?
18) Do you believe in karma?
19) What does your URL mean?
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
23) How do you vent your anger?
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
YAY for fun little things to do that make nice, light blog posts. I need these a LOT these days. Hope my readers aren’t getting tired of the little tidbits about me. 🙂 Never Ending Meme Part Two, y’all. And no, you didn’t miss part one. I haven’t done it yet. Hahaha. I’m so cool and quirky.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
21. Did you go to your high school prom?
I went to a Christian high school that didn’t have dances or anything like that. We had a BANQUET, not a prom. I went. By the time I was dressed and done up and took photos, I couldn’t care less about actually attending the stupid dinner, but of course, I had to. My mother spent a ridiculous amount of money on the night. To give you an idea, my dress cost about $600. You bet your navy blue and white knickers I went.
22. Perfect time to wake up?
7am. Time I actually NEED to get up (when I have a car)? 6:30am.
23. Perfect time to go to bed?
11pm. Time I actually go to bed? Varies. A LOT. It is far more often too early than it is too late.
24. Do you use your queen right away in chess?
25. Ever been in a car accident?
26. Closer to mom or dad…or neither?
Depends on the day of the week. Lol.
27. What age is this exciting life over for you?
28. What decade during the 20th century would you have chosen to be a teenager?
The freaking 70s! I wish I could be in my 20s in the 80s! Hell! I’d even settle for being a teenage in the 80s, and in my 20s in the 90s. It’s ALL good.
29. Favorite shoes you have EVER owned?
Not big on shoes. AT ALL. I guess that most excited I’ve ever been about shoes was fifth grade. My mum bought me a pair of brown mary janes that had a thick, high-ish (relative to my age) heel. They were pretty cool.
30. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school?
Yep. I have some of my t-shirts from my 6th grade class trip. I’ll take a photo and post some time.
31. Were you in track and field?
Hahahahahahahahhaha. AAahahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahhahahahahaha. Good one.
32. Were you ever in a school talent show?
Nope. I was in the Christmas plays a few times though.
33. Have you ever written in a library book?
34. Allergic to?
I had an allergy to brown rice (an ingredient that snuck up on me in biscuits and stuff) at some point. It made me break out. My parents took me to a super expensive doctor who neutralized me to it with some machine. *shrugs*
35. Favorite fruit?
Tough call. Gonna go with mango. 🙂
You already know I do things my own way. I guess I’ll do part one later in the week. Lol. If you decide to do this, link back! 🙂
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Dated a female.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make them. I think they’re silly. If I wanna do something, I just do it. At any given time. I set goals too. I just don’t wait until one year is ending and another is beginning to do it. And when I make up my mind to do something, yeah, I do it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A running schedule that I can stick to, reliable transportation, time and space to write.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 13 (xo), February 24 (anniversary), September 1 (moved w/ Babe), October 17 (new job), November 29 (mother admitted to hospital), December 25 (bling, bling), December 30 (grandmother died)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing my job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing as I should have.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
In 2011? Ummm… I didn’t really buy anything… Living room set? That counts, right?
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
I don’t know. Beyonce, I guess. I just… hate her.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Ummm… I’m gonna go wiiiiith… Stereo Love
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Beaching. Writing. Running.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
(My version of) Fighting. But it had to be done. Points had to be made.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No. But I grew in love. Flew in love. I had the pleasure of rising in love.
17. What was your favorite new TV program?
Misfits. Since it’s the only one I know about and watched 3 episodes of. Is that new?
18. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm… Either A Piece of Cake (Cupcake Brown) or The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Getting this job earlier in the year.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
“Keep it clean, simple, and comfortable.”
21. What kept you sane?
Ummm… Music and my blog.
22. Who did you miss?
My Hali peeps.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Ummm… How new is new, really? I’m gonna go with Odaz. She’s funnn-nyyy. And fun.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
Sometimes it seems like your happiness is at the expense of someone else’s. Then, you have to realize that it’s in that person’s power to be happy, not yours. Just like it’s in your power to be happy. People can only take what you give them. Live for you. Your happiness for someone else’s is never a fair trade.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Who says, who says you’re not perfect?
Questions taken from this post at Sunday Stealing
1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
Um. Gross. No. I’ve breathed on them. And wiped them with my shirt. But with my tongue? Tongue wiping? Gross. No.
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
Ummm… 7 years, I think. If that even counts. It was a long time ago, and there was very little actual “dating,” and then it turned into a stalker situation. Fun.
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Yes. Had a pretty bad accident in my mother’s car in ’05. Two idiots came at me on the road, and in swerving to avoid them, I hit a lamppole. I was trying to turn into some bushes, but the wheel locked on me. I was only able to turn about 20% of the way. The car was done. I was fine.
4. Were you popular in high school?
My high school, grades 7 to 12, had a total of 400 students. My grad class had, I think, 52 people. Does popularity or unpopularity exist with those kinds of numbers? Everyone in my grade definitely knew me, and I was well-liked.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
6. Are looks important?
Yep. Looks are not the most important thing ever, but they do carry some weight. Appearance, overall, is rather important. More than just the gene pool. The way you carry yourself. It says a lot.
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
Yeah. That would be Olivia. We were in kindergarten together. We still chat now and then, and do what we can to hang out every few months. We live on a rock, and still can’t manage to do much better than that. Life is like that.
8. By what age would you like to be married?
It’s definitely more about place-in-life than age. If I had to choose an age, this age would have been it. At this point, I just don’t know. I’d like to be married when the time is right. When we’re both satisfied, happy, thrilled, and excited to be together forever. And we have the necessary $$$ to make it happen. I know what that means for me, but I’m not sure what (exactly) it means for her. There are more factors being considered on her side, I think. Me? I don’t need to be rich. I don’t need my family to throw us a big party. I don’t need family support or attendance. Nothing like that. It wouldn’t bother me, not flashing it all over the place (since this country and a lot of the people in it are crazy/super-religious/hateful/homophobic/judgmental). Just to know that we’re happy and in love, and made that commitment to each other. Cheesy? Maybe. 🙂
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them?
10. Have you ever made a mistake?
I think it’s funny that this question comes on the heels of the one before it. *laughs quietly* Yes.
11. Are you a good tipper?
I try to be. 20% is the usual for me. If the service is poor, I’m less inclined to tip, but WILL leave a tip. A minimal tip.
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut?
Hmmm… I’m not sure. My haircuts are usually $10 at the barber. Back in the day, when I did styles, I didn’t JUST get haircuts. I got colours and treatments and stuff. Hard to say. Maybe $30? $40? I don’t know.
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Well… There was this one prof… She was very well-educated, great speaker, engaging, and rather hott. If the opportunity presented itself, I don’t know that I would have taken advantage of it. Is that really a crush? Admiration? Hmmm…
14. Have you ever peed in public?
Public restrooms. That’s about it.
15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Uh… Morbid, much? I have no idea. I won’t be there (really), so I don’t care. Play some Notorius B.I.G. for all I care. My family would never allow that, by the way. LOL.
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
I am. I didn’t. They guessed (or were not-so-subtly informed). I didn’t deny. They know. They pretend they don’t. I let it ride.
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
I’m one of those gotta-have-it-all people. I’d like potatoes every possible way, stuffed chicken breast, a sampling of every veggie, a california roll, a spring roll, shrimp tempura, Ma’s macaroni, Auntie’s raisin bread with a LITTLE of her guava jam, Nicole’s chocolate cream pie, Auntie’s bran muffins, mother’s corn ‘n’ rice with a chicken wing, minced lobster, and potato salad, Babe’s salad, a mango-kiwi-strawberry smoothie… We’re not even at dessert yet.
18. Beatles or Stones?
Tough callllllll. Stones.
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
Whoever has knowingly been the cause of the most unnecessary, undeserved pain and misfortune? Either that person, or a certain evil relative.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
What could ever be hard about liquor?!
It depends on what I’m having it with. If I’m having a nice dinner, then wine. If I’m out partying, tequila shots. 🙂 I don’t like beer.
21. Do you have any phobias?
Yeah. Having to do with
most all animals. Not being good enough. Is that a phobia? Mediocriphobia? Anyway… Hunger.
22. What are your plans for the future?
To LIVE. The best way I can. To improve. Always.
If you decide to answer the question, link back! 🙂