Posts tagged ‘positivity’
Hey, y’all! (I said that in my best Paula Deen voice, by the way.)
Hope all is well, you had a rockin’ weekend, and you’re ready to kick this week off with a Make It Happen Monday.
I make no secret of the fact that Monday is my absolute favourite day of the (work) week. I know, I know. Most people hate Mondays. No one wants to get out of bed on Mondays. No one wants to be at work. No one wants the weekend to… well… end. Except for me.
I’m big on beginnings. Chances. Opportunities. Time.
Mondays mark the start of a new week. It’s a whole stretch of time, way out in front of us. Maybe that’s what terrifies people, but it’s what excites me. YES! Another set of 5 days to DO things. To MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. Yes. Opportunity. I was hoping for another one of these. *grabs eleven Mondays off the shelf* Don’t mind if I do.
No matter how great your weekend was, how much you have to do this week, or how you woke up feeling today, try to feel the true spirit of Monday. It’s a new day. It’s a new week. It’s a clean slate. It’s like rolling out a new, clean, pretty aisle runner. Sure, you’ve got things to do, but you’ve got a ways to go. There is time. Just get started NOW.
And no matter what, remember: It could always be worse. It could be Friday. 😀
(Sorry if you got this email twice, subscribers. WP is seriously trying to ruin my
life blog and keeps making my posts go POOF! right after they are sent to you. This time, it should link to my post. *fingers crossed*)
It’s been a while, but I told you, right? Busy, busy, busy. NaNoWriMo is totally taking over my life. I love it though! The planning is super fun, and so are the forums and the swaps going on. WOO! SO PUMPED!
I’ve neglected Thankful Thursdays for a few weeks. NO MORE. It’s time to get thankful! *digs deep in pockets for gratitude*
I’m thankful for:
NaNoWriMo coming up
- Inspiration and encouragement (to write!)
- Having enough
- People who go out of their way to help
- Cool things to distract me (wedding planning, swaps, forums)
- Finally getting starting writing about writing
- Upcoming professional website+blog (WOOT, WOOT!)
- Stamps (Totally gonna get one with my logo/address instead of using letterhead and printer ink; and SO gonna get others like “From the desk of” and others that make me feel legit and fancy. LOL)
New phone! (I’ve been using a basic Nokia for almost a year now)
- Spray cleaner for my glasses (No idea where the one I KNOW I have is, but I bought another one)
How about you? What are you thankful for? What do you have to be excited about? How was your week? Talk to me!
I’m thankful for:
- Having my Babe back 🙂
- The invitation to join the flag football team started by my sister’s work. Babe and I both went to practice yesterday evening, and had funnn! Everyone thinks I suck, but whatever.
- Supportive family and friends.
- Getting closer to making a decision on the job I’m going to take, and being able to share it with you all.
- The little things that inspire smiles and create good, happy feelings
- My ability to budget, manage cash, manipulate Excel/Numbers, and make financially sound decisions (when I want to).
- The gift of words.
- Use of a car while my cousin (boss) is away, so Babe and I can do errands, grocery shop, and have date nights.
- The date nights that we will have tonight and tomorrow night… Because when you don’t own a car, but have the use of one, you’ve just GOT to take advantage of it.
How was your week? Shared any cool photos on your blog? Give me the link! What are you thankful for this week? Any plans for the weekend?
My brain is on vacation, and I have tons of work to do. This has to be great. Lol. That’s my excuse for a ridiculous list of things to be thankful for, okay? Now that you’ve been warned and I’ve been excused, here we go:
- Fans – It is stinkin’ HOT in The Bahamas, lemme tell ya!
- Showers – Yeah. Nothing like water pouring from a faucet and onto your body in the heat. Even if it’s hot water (which, by the way, it HAS to be for me).
- Tea – Yeah, I still drink tea during the summer. *shrugs*
- Bicycle pump – Just got it back from the longest vacation ever at someone else’s house.
- Bike rides can start again, and party on through the summer. WOOOOT!
- Words – How else would we blog?
- Tables – I just don’t know how things get done without tables.
- Water – Thank yooou, water cycle!
- Ice – No, this is NOT the same as water.
- Running shoes – Now if I could just put them on, and run in them, we’d be in business! (But I have to improve my water consumption and iron level first. Can’t kill myself out there for a run.)
- Assignment 1 for my Writing for Children & Teenagers class is DONE and SENT! *waits for applause*
- My little cousin (Ok, he’s not THAT little. He’s 12.) is visiting us for two weeks! He came on Monday and shocked his dad’s pants off. Can hardly wait to see him on the weekend! (Makes up for the circus I can’t afford to go to, DANG it!)
- Photos – It’s nice to remember. My FB photo today is from Mother’s Day last year. My grandmother and me. Today would have been her 85th birthday, but we had to say goodbye in December.
- Time – The memories are sweeter than the sorrow is bitter.
‘Sup with you? What are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to?
Hey, y’allllll! It’s Thursday againnnnn!
I’m thankful for:
- Generic brands. Ordered a new battery for my laptop – not from Mac – from Amazon for under $20. Yeaaah!
- Patience. I only have a little, but it is usually juuust enough.
- Awesome great-grandmother. She gives me $20 and one meal per week. I may not be working, but I fo’ DAMN sure ain’t gonna starve! Haha.
- Cousin who probably really doesn’t need me, but has me answer phones in his office a few days every week. I need the out-of-the-house-ness, computer use, and pocket money.
- Babe. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And funny. And sweet. And takes me to see movies of my choice. Last night, we saw People Like Us. It was pretty good, although we were kind of annoyed by the guy the whole time. The ending totally made up for it.
- The surprise that’s coming, but I know about it. Only I and the surprise-maker know. We are excited. In two weeks, I’ll tell ya what it is.
- Writing buddies. They entertain me, give me work to do (critiques and edits)/practice, share resources, and other awesome junk like that.
- My good sense NOT to sign up for the website dealio yet. I don’t need the extra expense, even if it’s tiny. I can wait a little longer to do it. Maybe I should buy my domain name though… Hmmm… See how good it is to talk things out?
- Transportation for the next week. We can get to the grocery store with ease. Yay!
How has the week been treating you? What are you thankful for?
You’re ready aren’t you? You know what day it is! Let’s go!
Today, I’m thankful for:
- An oscillating fan (It is hoootttttt up in here!)
- Rain (It’s cooling the earth a bit)
- Cereal (Such a quick and easy fix)
- Yogurt (Snackedy, snackedy!)
- Water bottles (The individual, reusable ones. If they didn’t exist, I would never drink any water)
- Yoga (Calms me right down)
- Online communities (Particularly writing communities; lots of great links, tips, and resources are shared)
- Birthday cakes (How else would we celebrate birthdays?! Nothing would do quite like a cake does.)
- Third piece of my 4 year old niece’s birthday cake (I was the first aunt to get cake! Only a cousin and her dad were before me. Special auntie!)
- Progress on my ROW80 goals (Yeah, I know I’m not checking in on Sunday and Wednesdays like I’m supposed. That is just WAY too often for me. I MIGHT decided to do once per week for the duration of the challenge, but no more than that.)
- Blog buddies + their posts + their comments on my posts + their encouragement. Y’all rock!
How about you? What are you thankful for today?
It’s one of those days that I have to make it snappy, so here we go. I’m thankful for:
- Modern medicine
- Old-school remedies
- Hunger Games coming out this weekend!!!!!!!
- Opportunities to write
- New ideas
- Internet resources
- Stir fry made by Babe. SO good!
- Ice cream
What are you thankful for?
Things I’m thankful for:
- ABC (Awesome Blog Content) Award from Nicole at Three 31. I don’t have to tell you how great it feels to have followers – commenting followers – on a blog, do I? I didn’t think it could get much better than that, but there are AWARDS. And they come from followers who actually LIKE you/your blog. I love it. Awards are great for boosting blog-esteem, making others feel good, and spotlighting other blogs you follow. I can’t decide if my favourite part is sharing the award with others, or seeing who others share it with because finding new blogs rocks. The people I’m passing this on to are listed at the end of this post.
- My March and (first part of) April goals/timelines are on my whiteboard. It reflects what is in my planner. I have a LOT of writing to, and now I feel like I can stay on track.
- My Neo2 arrived! I don’t have it in my possession yet, but hope to meet up with my brother to get it today. How much more will I be writing? A LOT more!
- Steakout tickets for Saturday. It’s not really that big a deal for most people, but I looove steakouts! Hahaha. Something about getting a steak dinner for $10, knowing that the money is going to a charity, someone’s medical fund, someone’s tuition… Everything about it is great.
- Red Cross Fair on Saturday. So, basically, after stuffing myself with the steakout lunch, I’ll head over to the fair. My sisters used to take me to the Red Cross Fair every year, secretly. Why was it a secret? Far too much to explain in this post. BUT. I can go without it being a secret, and maybe they’ll show up to. I LOVE fairs. They always have yummy things like sky juice (gin, coconut water, and sweet milk), conch fritters, and other bad, bad things. Hahaha.
- M&Ms. I left my lunch in the fridge at home this morning. Fail. M&Ms though? Always a pack in my bag.
- I can see 10% more of my desk than i did yesterday. Operation: Organization. Getting there!
- Finding the Color Run! (I wish I could remember which blog I saw it on, but I don’t.) It’s a 5k run, and volunteers spray participants with color at each kilometre. *squeals with joy and excitement* I haaave to do it! Definitely the one in Orlando (December) because it’s close to The Bahamas, but it would be nice to do it in New York in August. Hmmm…
- Fiiiiinally finding the coolest bookmarks EVER. The only one I have is “Believe” and I owned “Dream” and “Let Love Bloom.” One of them is somewhere in my aunt’s house, and the other is probably in Canada, owned by some random stranger. *sighs* Anyway, I found the manufacturer or something. I hope I can figure out how to order them. They’re cool! Interlocking magnetic bookmarks. Genius.
And now, for the sharing of the ABC Award… Here we go:
- Ashley at A Small Place – Artsy goodness!
- Vix at Victoria-Writes – Writer with great music suggestions!
- Laci at My Perfectly Imperfect Life – Very honest, and lots of pictures. 🙂
- Lily at Lily in Canada – Just… Hilarious.
- Thriver at The Running Thriver – Super duper inspirational and encouraging runner.
- Jerry at Where Do Gaybies Come From? – Awesome (two) dad stories.
Now it’s your turn! What are you thankful for?