Quick post today. You know the way my Saturdays work. Pretty much internet-free. Today, I’m spending quality time with Babe. We’re staying in bed late, having big breakfasts, possibly going for a run, or at least a little walk… Annnd we have writing to do. She has songs to work on, and I have TWO stories to write. I have a short stories for a competiton, and a novel for NaNoWrimo. I’m going to go at it for a few hours today, and get huge chunks done. I don’t have much time or energy to really write during the week right now. That’ll soon change, as I get more organized with my new job. I also have a few pieces I want to write for Wordshaker Magazine which is FOR us chicas, BY us chicas. They have weekly themes, and accept submissions for posting on their blog. How great is that?! There’ll be a little post on the theme of “Embarrassing Stories” posted today, and guess who wrote it? Stop looking around. It’s ME! Me, me, me!
You can read more about Wordshaker here. I encourage you to visit often. It’s cool to be able to go to one site, and get to read posts from lots of different people with different viewpoints, opinions, and stories to share.
Also, I have a new little cousin! Kacie was born yesterday. I haven’t met her yet. I just saw a picture her dad posted on Facebook. I don’t like to visit new moms and babies too soon. I’ll definitely call to congratulate, but I’m saving the visit for when I can comfortably hold. Probably in a few weeks. 🙂
How are you spending your Saturday? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? If you are, what’s your word count?
Happy Tuesday! The day so many people dread is over. On to the next one! Hope you’re on track and getting things done. I’m on the ball. At the same time, I’m feeling really random today. I’m just going to go with it. I hope you don’t mind randomness.
- Articles all over the place about my appointment to this awesome job. Woot, woot! It was in one newspaper on Friday, another yesterday, and it’s posted in the news/press release section of the Ride For Hope Bahamas website. YAY! Like us on Facebook!
- I found a crazy ridiculous recipe. For spinach lasagna. Ummm… YUMMM. And it’s made – get this – in a SLOW COOKER! What the monkey wrenches helicopter?!?! I don’t have a slow cooker, but if you do, you should definitely make this lasagna, and FedEx a piece to me. Click here for it.
- This cell phone battery SUCKS. We went and bought a new BlackBerry last week, but I’m pretty sure it’s the one they had on display. Either they’ve already killed it, or some smart employee switched the battery out with their own. Ugh. I have to order a new one. Hellooo, Amazon.
- Other things I’m getting from Amazon: a few nice items for Babe’s Christmas stocking (which I won’t list here in case she read this post), a multi-tool for our bikes and stuff, running things (skirts, tanks, shorts), compression sleeves (which I obviously need as my calf muscles keep reminding me)… I don’t remember the rest.
- Saturday was great. Babe and I spent the day together. Breakfast in bed, a little shopping trip, saved a bunch of money (using a discount card, and winning a $25 gift card at a different store from a scratch ‘n’ win card), had lunch and treats, walked halfway home before someone (Babe knows) stopped and took us the rest of the way. Then we did a little lounging, loving, and then getting ready. Getting ready = showering + packing + doing hair + me envisioning all the missing that would happen once the airport drop happened.
- I need to get started on our living room project. I think I mentioned how happy I was/am that Babe agreed to it. It’s going to be GREAT when I finish it. If only I could get STARTED. Gees, Louise. I gotta find my way to one or two store to get the necessary material.
- I’m thinking about making the wall art for our bathroom. Our shower curtain has palm trees, and the colours are nice (tan, brown, green), and the bathmat and wastebasket are well-coordinated. We just need wall art. I’m thinking of cross-stitch. I can definitely do that, and do it right. Whenever I have the time, I’ll find a good palm tree pattern, then go to the local fabric/art-ish store to get the embroidery thread, needle, and cloth/material. Oh, and I need to run it by Babe to make sure it’s okay.
- I need a MUG. That’s also on the Amazon list. My office is rather chilly, and I like tea and hot chocolate. It’ll all work wonderfully together once I have a mug to keep at work. I’d like it to be a NICE mug. A little oversized. And it should be, of course, GREEN. 🙂 Or purple, since that’s the dominant Ride For Hope Bahamas colour. Dark purple, light purple, green (like the one I like!), and yellow.
- I have a lot of work to do! It’s great. It’s taking me a while because there is SO much to work on. It doesn’t help that I don’t have a landline in the office yet. OR the internet. The installation date is November 3. Ridiculous. I know. This is how it works in third world countries.
- Babe is away. Since Saturday night. Won’t be back until next week. *sighs* Denmark is SO far away. The time difference sort of sucks, but we’re managing to communicate fairly often. Of course there’s lots of missing and stuff.
- I’m staying at my great-grandmother’s (Ma) for the week. She lives a lot closer to where I work, and I can get drives to and from. Saving on the bus fare, and getting to sleep over an hour later. It still doesn’t make up for Babe being away.
- On Saturday, I’ll be hanging out with our good friend. Vanessa is super cool, but oh-so-very busy. We don’t get to hang out often enough. We’re taking this Saturday to do it up. We’re probably gonna do lunch AND dinner. With wine. Yeah, we’re fancy and splurgy. Doesn’t happen often though, so it’s okay. 🙂 I’m hoping we’ll be in the area of a cool plant shop so I can get a plant for my office. How I’m going to get it here, I have no idea. I’m NOT taking a plant PLUS my bag(s) on the bus. It’ll have to be at home until I get a drive to work. Oh, wait. Ma lives sort of nearby. I can leave it at her house on Sunday when we go for FamJam, and she can drop it off whenever. YAY! I’m so smart!
- NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) coming up. I didn’t do it this year. Maybe this year. We’ll see. Budding writers, check it out here. Challenge yourself. Write a (50,000 word) novel in one month. November, to be specific. It’s fun, especially if there are events planned in your area. I used to looove Word Wars.
- Awesome quote from JM’s yoga instructor: “I wish I could sit on my couch and eat cake and it would make me one with everything. But it doesn’t work that way.” Read the whole (funny) post here.
- Willow (Smith), the hair whipping – and now fireball – daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith has a new song out. Firebaaallllll! Nicki Minaj features in it. Did you know that I REALLY like Nicki Minaj? She’s so FUNNY! Babe pointed out that she has a bit of a Caribbean sound in some of the lyrics. Particularly “fireball.” It’s true. Anyway, I like this girl. She’s so young and fresh, and APPROPRIATE. She doesn’t sing about love, sex, dating, or money. She’s staying relevant to her peers, but still giving us adults something to rock out to, and sing along with.
- I feel like having a ruuunnn!
Sup with you? Is there anything you’ve already planned for the weekend? Tell me something random.