I find great writing tips/advice/blogs/resources all the time. Mostly because I’m looking for them. None of it is ever really groundbreaking, but you the way it is… You know things, but you need someone else to tell you. I know that other people need the same sort of fuel. And I can rarely keep awesome things to myself. For that reason, I’m doing Writer Wednesdays. Every Wednesday, I’ll share at least one of the little gem’s I’ve come across. When does it start? TODAY, of course!
Today’s Writer Wednesday is brought to you by the crazy guy over at terribleminds.
25 Things Writers Should Stop Doing
- Running Away
- Writing in someone else’s voice
- Thinking it should be easier
- Deprioritizing your wordsmithy
- Treating your book like a dumpster
- The moping and whining
- Blaming everyone else
- The shame
- Lamenting your mistakes
- Playing it safe
- Trying to control the shit you can’t control
- Doing one thing
- Writing for (the market)
- Chasing trends
- Caring about what others are doing
- Caring so much about the publishing industry
- Listening to what won’t sell
- Overpromising and overshooting
- Leaving yourself off the page
- Being afraid
He elaborates on all of the points above. To read it all, see his post. While you’re at it, look around his blog. It’s funny, irreverent, and oddly inspirational.
Not-so-writer-related links/posts to check out:
- My first post in 10,000 years on my running blog – Shows pictures of my run spot
- Women’s day to propose to men! Vix talks about it.
- Color Run – Coolest thing ever, quite possible. Run in white t-shirts and get sprayed with color every 1K!
- I found the (COOLEST EVER) bookmarks I’ve been looking for over the past two years! Now, to figure out how to purchase them…