Posts tagged ‘Five questions’
1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood?
Hmmm… Not really. I just have a really good cry-it-out song. LOL. There are lots of songs that put me in a good mood though. I like feel-good songs. And I like silly, fun songs. But they have to make sense. I know, I know. Don’t tell me.
So here are a few songs that I really, really like:
– Firework – Katy Perry
– Ride With Me – Nelly (I’d forgotten about this song until it was played loudly by a neighbour. I think Babe and I were in bed reading. I stopped. To sing. WITH ACTIONS. Yes, it was great. Lol.
– I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston (I sorta get this song. I sorta don’t. I’m ONE woman. But it IS all in me. Heee-eeeey!)
– I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness (I think the combo of the song title and the name of the group is hilarious.)
– A Milli – Lil Wayne (Don’t look at me like that. You know you love it. *turns it up*)
– Sexy Back – Justin Timberlake
– Stronger – Kanye West
– Maneater – Nelly Furtado
– Fly Away – Lenny Kravitz
Ok, ok. I’ll stop there. 🙂
2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one?
REAL. Fake is not an option at ALL. I’d rather not have a tree at all than to have one of those IMPOSTERS in my living space. REEEAL. Lemme SMELL the season. Lemme sweep up the 4,582,595 pine needles that will far over the course of the 2 weeks that the tree will be in my house. That’s fine.
3. What are you thankful for?
Today, I’m thankful for the ever-beautiful, ever-supportive LOML, computer skills (I seriously saved myself HOURS today), my new giant green mug, happiness, and time.
I missed this in m Thankful Thursday: I had a GREAT weekend with Babe. We went to an art workshop, and fancy wine dinner. I will seriously post about it later. Seriously.
4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?
None. I wear whatever I want. I don’t care what the people say. (Are those lyrics from a song? I’m not sure.) I was telling Babe last night that I think should have been born in the 60s. I am definitely an 80s girl, and I should have been this age in that decade. Headbands, polkadots, bright colours, fun prints, Madonna… Yeah. That’s me. It should have been my life.
5. Do you wait until the “low fuel” light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?
No. I’m paranoid (not really) about running out of gas. I hate the idea of having to call my dad saying, “Help. I ran out of gas.” More than that, I hate the imagined response from him. I never want to deal with that. Whenever I have a car for an extended period of time, I keep the tank at half. Anything under that makes me a bit nervous.
How about you? What are your answers? Join the fun at Five Crooked Halos! You can answer in the comments if you want. If you answer on your own blog, link back so I know and can read it. 🙂
Gotta do a two-in-one today. My internet connection yesterday (which is a wireless connection from TWO FLOORS DOWN was terrible. It was never up for more than 5 minutes. I figured I’d just save it for today before my thankfulness faded into annoyance. That wouldn’t have been good, right? Anyway, I’m hoping they come to hook up my phone line and internet today.
Ok, here we go! This week, I’m thankful for:
- The good fortune I’ve had this week in getting to work on time. I decided on a time to leave the house to get the bus, and the maximum wait period for the second bus once I get downtown. It’s worked really well, and I haven’t been less than 10 minutes early on any day. YAY, me!
- The pretty lady who gets up super early to make sure we both get breakfast, packed lunches and snacks, and out the door in time, and takes the walk (in the dark) to the bus stop with me, and takes the ride downtown (way earlier than she really needs to). How fortunate am I?!
- New BlackBerry! YAY! It’s a work phone, so I don’t use it for personal calls (though this wasn’t stipulated), but it’s great for BBM, apps, internet access, etc.
- A job that I like and I am happy to show up for from Monday to Friday.
- Things to do that I actually care to do.
- The training run done on Wednesday. Completely unexpected. A lady in the building who knows (and was sort of raised by) by great-grandmother gave me a ride, so I got home a LOT earlier than the other days, so it was early enough run with Babe.
- Breakfast! Makes the day go so much better.
- Cooler weather. I love sweaters and scarfs. It’s not time for them yet (not that it will get too much colder), but I’m excited about it. I also like the nice, cuddly sleep it encourages.
- Time changing soon. It’ll be lighter in the evenings, so I could actually get back on track with running. 7pm, right now, is too dark.
- Forever 21 order I placed. Babe and I will be getting some more work-appropriate clothes in a week or two. Yippeeeeee! Still need more, but we’re taking it step-by-step. A little bit this week, a little bit next week. By the end of the year, we should be good to go!
- Love. Appreciation. Understanding. Kindness. Goodness. Genuine concern. Communication. Her.
- The massive improvement in my water consumption. My body is getting used to it, now that I’ve been paying special attention to it, and sort of drinking on a schedule. Now, I’m even getting thirsty. This never happened before because my body was just so used to being dehydrated. Crazy, I know. Now, I’m finishing about 28oz. per day.
- My body. It’s pretty nice home.
And now, for Five Question Friday!
So, every week I do this Five Question Friday blog hop thingy. This week, me no likey the questions. I can’t really explain why. I just don’t. I don’t feel like answering them. I DO feel like doing my regular Friday post though. You’re happy, right? I’m going to answer my own little questions. And guess what. If you want to ask more, go ahead. I’ll answer them.
I’m making these up as I go along, so don’t expect any sort of flow or sensibility, okay?
What’s your favourite tv show?
Oh, man. Tough one! I don’t know. I’m not that big on tv. Actually, Babe and I haven’t had cable since we moved. At one point, in university, I turned my cable off for over a year. It was just ridiculous that I was paying over $70/month to watch about 3 channels. Most of the time, the tv was just background noise. These days, the only things I would actually mentally schedule to watch on cable are Chopped (Food Network) and… Yeah, that’s it. Hahaha. I like a few other shows, but not enough to not do anything else when they’re on. I like Law & Order, Royal Pains, Brothers & Sisters… All of which I can watch online, so YAY! Tv addict? Not me. Now, when basketball season starts, I’m gonna need cable up in that apartment.
What are you currently reading?
The Little Women. I’ve been reading it on my lunch breaks, and on quiet evenings at home. Mostly at lunch time. This is probably my 3rd time reading it. My dad made sure I read what he considered to be “The Classics” when I was younger. I always loved reading, and he fed my need. I’m enjoying The Little Women as much as I did the first time I read it. I like when I reread a book, and it’s like the first time. Timing is everything. I’ll talk more about how much I like the book, my favourite characters, and my favourite parts in another post when I’m done. I was savouring it, but now Babe is ready to read Catching Fire, and I don’t want to be left behind, so I’ll be picking up the pace on the weekend.
What’s the last song you listened to?
I don’t remember the exact song. I was when I was running, and was by Austra. I looove Austra. The music is SO great. The vocalist reminds me a lot of Florence (Florence + The Machine). My favourite, right now, is Lose It. It’s very simple, very pretty, and very… raw? In a way. Listen to it.
What’s the last movie you watched?
The last movie I watched in its entirety? I don’t remember. Sad, since it was just two nights ago. It was something with this girl in it. Ummm… Yeah, I don’t know. Babe and I watched 90% of The Messenger last night. I didn’t really get sleepy, but my eyes couldn’t take it any more. I liked it. It’s pretty interesting, and the subject matter is something a lot of people probably never think about. I’m weird, so I have thought about it. We’ll watch the last few minutes of it tonight, before starting a new movie.
What do you like to get from the concession stand when you go to the movie theatre?
I’m a little piglet, really. I like to get:
- A hotdog (all beef) with mustard, ketchup, relish, and very little mayo. If I can get some grated cheese on there, AWESOME!
- Nachos WITH the jalapeño peppers. YESSS! We don’t have the option here, but when I was in Halifax, I used to get the cheese put on straight on my nacho chips, and salsa on the side. YUMMERS!
- Sour gummy worms
- Small drink. Usually a Coke, of course.