Five Question Friday!
1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it?
Rants and Ramblings
Depends on what the column is about, really. I see myself going with the “conch salad” theme more than anything else, because then I could mix it all up. I can rant a little, talk about food, dole out my awesome advice… All in one column.
2. Who is your mentor/inspiration?
Ma. My great-grandmother. She’s pretty awesome. The woman is NINETY-ONE years old. NINE-TEEEE-ONE! She still does everything for herself. And a lot of things for the rest of us. She walks without assistance, can dash around the place, she drives, she cooks and cleans (and I mean really cleans)… Everything. Actually, up until early this year, she ran her own business. She decided to close after 51 years of dressing thousands of women. She had THE ladies’ boutique. And I’m not saying that because she’s my great-grandmother. That’s just what it is. Or was. THE place to shop for clothing for work, church, weddings, funerals, balls, proms, banquets… Yep. She’s an amazing lady.
3. What is your wake up beverage of choice?
Trick question?! COCA-COLA! That’s my #1 choice. Annnd start judgiiiiing… NOW!
I don’t really drink Coke first thing in the morning though. Not every day. So I deserve some credit. Right? Mhmm. Nod your little head. You know I do.
What I REALLY like in the morning is TEA. Do I ever make it? Nah. Not unless it’s a late, lazy morning like Sundays and Mondays tend to be. Other than that, I’m too busy sleeping too late and scrambling around to get ready to make tea.
4. Would you wear your mom’s clothes?
Some of them. She has decent taste in clothing. Our sizes are different, but we could get away with some of the same tops. Pants or skirts would never work. We also have the same shoe size. Although my feet are probably fatter, and hers are longer. It works though. Sometimes, she drops shoes off for me to wear around the house to stretch them for her. Hahaha.
5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of?
Never had posters on my wall. Ever. The answer is sort of a long story. How short can I make it? Hmmm… I didn’t spend any time in my bedroom (which was at my dad’s) because I spent most of my wide-awake hours at my aunt’s house (when I wasn’t at school). From school, we went straight to Auntie’s. Our dad picked us up when he got off from work which was anywhere between 7:30 and 11:30pm. Posters on walls that I never spent time between (or looking at) really would have made no sense. If I did have posters, I have no idea what would have been on them. Maybe Spanish verb conjugations or something nerdy like that.
I missed Thankful Thursday. Here we go. I’m thankful for:
- Good times with family
- Babe taking those awful bus rides with me this week
- Improvement in my water consumption
- Babe agreeing to my decorating plan (I NEED to remember to post about it later)
- The ability to work with a single burner hotplate (Oh, man. Y’all should really witness it.)
- Success in the trip to get stuff for the new place. We now have a completed bathroom plus a front door mat and a kitchen garbage WITH a lid. WOO!