Around October, I had quite the list of things that I wanted. The list has changed a bit since then. At this point, this is what I want for Christmas:
- My grandmother out of the hospital, and living comfortably in her beloved humble abode with her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren keeping her company and attending to her every need. I’d like her to breathe without labour or pain, and to laugh from the deepest part of her stomach at all of the silly jokes shared with her.
- My mother able to function normally. She can now walk without a walker or a cane, but it would be great if she could do this for an extended period of time. If she could manage to sit with her mother (my grandmother) for as long as she likes without becoming exhausted and painful. I’d like her to be able to return to work without threat to her health. For MS to let her LIVE, not just breathe.
- Family issues to be laid to rest. There are too many people holding too many grudges. One person pissed because the other person told people she was pregnant (when she was). One person insanely jealous of the other because of her success. Brothers and sisters in a silent war. Parents and children rarely speaking. I’d like it all to end. To be dropped. Life isn’t long enough.
- Earrings. Oh, I didn’t warn you that this would get trivial, did I? Sorry. I want earrings. Nice, simple, but enough to offset my short-hairness.
- My nail and brows done. This counts as one thing, right? I have really neglected myself recently. I remember when I used to get my brows done as needed. At one point, I got my nails done every 2 weeks or so. I stopped because I don’t particularly enjoy having them done, but they need manicuring. I need to step my game up.
- A fully functional kitchen. I think I would feel like I’m in heaven to have bakeware, a handmixer, baking ingredients, and (of course) gas for the stove/oven. All the supplies is a bit much right now, but the gas can probably happen next week. Haha.
- Time. I don’t feel like I have enough of it. I have to choose what I do very carefully. Cook, eat, work, sleep, watch a movie, run, cycle, shop, make phone calls, visit people, socialize… I just can’t do it all. There are a few things that are taking so much time that I can barely do anything else. GAAAH!
- To do something really awesome for Babe. I have a few things in mind with zero ideas as to how I will pull any of it off. I can’t talk about any of it here because she visits. Hehehe. I will probably have to call for back-up. In any event, I think I may be late in delivery. *Sighs*
Random question: Ever noticed how a LOT of Christmas songs sound really sad? Like funeral hymns? Or am I just really, really out of it this year?
What little wishes are in your heart today?