The work day is LONG. I have iron-deficiency anaemia. Those are two good reasons for me to eat frequently. If I don’t have snacks, the day does not go well. I get super cranky. I feel ill. I feel tired. I want to kill people. You know… So I make sure I have food. Not just my lunch. Snackage. I toss at least one pre-packaged snack in my bag, and at least one fresh snack. I prefer when a fruit or vegetable is included. I have breakfast before leaving home, have 2 snacks before lunch, have lunch, and rush home to dinner. Yeah… I gotta have my food.
My faves are:
- Banana slices with nutella
- Apple slices with nutella
- Kirkland’s Best Fruit & Nut mix – Amazing mix of dried cranberries, dried cherries, almonds, walnuts, and dry-roasted pistachios. YUM!
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks (Blue package)
- Cheddar cheese slices and cream crackers
- Fritos (Terrible, I know. This is for lazy mornings.)
- Cheese Puffs (Yeah… Like the one just above.)
- Carrot sticks
- Cucumber + Tomato (either with a little Italian dressing, or sour cream and a little salt and black pepper)
- Blueberries + Kiwi (LOVE this combo!)
- Smoothies (I haven’t made one in ages. *sighs*)
- Navel Oranges (cut up)
On my list to try: Kind Bars
(They look like YUM!)
How many times do you eat every day? What do you like to snack on? What’s your favourite snack to have at your desk? Any suggestions for quick things to toss in my bag for snacks?
Please. I need to introduce you to this AMAZING girls’ choir. My goodness. Chills, warm sensations, shivers… You will have them all when you hear Scala & Kolacny Brothers. They cover pretty popular songs. It’s just great. I can’t say much more than that. Listen to California Dreamin’
Ridiculously beautiful, right?! Man! *drinks water* Other must-hears are Creep and Bittersweet Symphony
I didn’t get to post yesterday due to super busy-ness and stuff, but that doesn’t mean that I forgot to be thankful on a Thankful Thursday!
I was (and still am) thankful for, among other things:
- Apples and nutella doing the tango in my mouth and belly
- Baby Nicholas (Turned 1yr on Wednesday and there was a party. I’ll be blogging about it.)
- Guava bread pudding with brandy sauce (Remind me to rave about this later. It’s an amaaaziiing dessert on the menu at Chef Chea’s Corner Bistro where my godfather is the chef and my dad is the manager.)
- Tuna. When you forget to take out meat to season and cook, and you’re kinda sorta (or deathly) hungry, it’s nice to be able to open a can of something meat-ish and make something great. Last night I made tuna salad for a tuna melt for Babe, and steamed tuna to go with cabbage and rice (cooked together in the same pot) for me. I didn’t end up eating it because my appetite took vacation since I was trying to wait for Babe to get home to eat together, and the arrival time was around midnight. Studio nights are long! Now I have dinner for tonight. I’ll just make carrot and corn to go with it. Yay!
- Tropical fruit. Babe and I had amaaaaaziiiiing tropical fruit smoothies yesterday morning. Ingredients: 2 large mangos, 3 pineapple slices, 1 banana, and a handful of blueberries. Blended with 6 cubes of ice. We really just added blueberries to give it a little zing, and a more interesting colour. Our smoothies, too often, are yellow-orange. Listen… The breakfast smoothies were great. Went really well with our egg and (turkey) bacon cheddar melts.
Wow, this week’s Thankful Thursday list is pretty food-heavy. That happens. I’m kind of a foodie. Did I mention that before? I should add it to my About Me section, huh?
What are you taking time out to be thankful for?
What FOOD are you REALLY thankful for today?
How much do you looove Scala & Kolacny Brothers?