It’s been a while, I know. Things are kinda crazy. Here’s what’s up:
- My great-grandmother died on Monday. We weren’t close. I didn’t grow up with that side of the family. I talk about my great-grandmother often, but that my dad’s dad’s mother. She’s 92, healthy, fiesty, and fun. Barr, on the other hand, was 95 (Yeah, longevity is kind of a thing in my family), and seemed to be dying for a long time. She had Alzheimer’s or something of the sort. The last time I saw her, I think, was at my aunt’s wedding reception about two years ago. Anyway, her funeral is on Saturday.
- Took my dress to the dry cleaners today. My sister borrowed it months ago, and I just got it back yesterday. And not in the condition I lent it in. I’m slightly annoyed, but blame myself. I never lend out anything I want back. People just don’t care for your things the way they do their own. It’s annoying. I hope the cleaners get the makeup stains (UGH!) out, and do NOT damage the gorgeous embellished neckline. I’ll post pictures if it looks fine, and I end up wearing it on Saturday.
- Jobs! I need one! Something I thought would never came through actually did. It’s now a viable option, but it won’t pay very well. And there’s really no room for it to grow. The pros include the short work day (8:30 to 1 or so), it’s something I enjoy, and leaves me with time to write. It would just become very necessary for me to supplement my income, especially if we ever wanna save enough money to move. The other option… It’s more stable and pays more, but I have no idea when it starts. There are about 3 months of training, and after that, I’d remain a trainee until promotions come out. The major pro for that job is the possibility of being transferred to another island, rent-free. Hellooooo, Savings, and hellooooo, new country of residence! Babe and I will have to discuss, and figure things out.
- My cousin is away for about a week. That means a full week of work for me. YAY! Income! I’m not making loads of cash, but I can pay bills, and buy grocery. This is good.
- I neeeed to start working out again. It’s SO hot. It’s really hard to get out there and run, but I GOTTA. I’m feeling lousy. This always happens when I don’t exercise. I also need to practice yoga. At least I can do that indoors. I have a great book that helps refresh my memory, so I practice what we did in class. There’s no class during the summer. Looking forward to it starting again in September. Oh, and being able to afford it! Hahaha.
Writing. It’s come to a screeching halt. Things got uncomfortable at home with some mishaps and plumbing issues, and then I got sick. My energy level has been terrible, so I haven’t been getting much done outside of the work day. I need to get back on track. There are deadlines to meet, a class to complete, and publishing goals to be met!
- Got an email from the Community Liaison of NaNoWriMo. They got my application to be the Municipal Liaison for The Bahamas. There wasn’t one last year, so I probably have a good chance of being chosen for this year. It should be fun, and give me a chance to meet other writers. Always good to network, right? And I’m hoping to be able to convince Babe to join in the fun. She could even write 50,000 words worth of songs if she wants too. I just think it would be cool to take on the challenge together. And, of course, she could accompany me to the events I’d have to plan as ML, and then I could always say that ONE person showed up. Hahaha.
- My brother is hilarious. We share a ridiculous sort of humour. At one point, we were quipping back and forth, and he said, “No one in the world as miserable as us!” It was pretty funny because we were talking about not wanting to be bothered by or with anyone, and not being interested in hearing any belly-aching or complaining this week. Oh, even funnier, I was complaining about the graveyard part of the funeral. I don’t get why families WATCH the casket as it is lowered into the ground. I told him it’s medieval. He said, “What? Medieval?” I said, “Yes! Archaic!” He said, “Listen to me… You and me been to the school right, but you been to college on top of that. You need to take it easy on me with these jokes.” I couldn’t stop laughing. Then he added, “You have a whole college class of people you could crack your college-level jokes with. You and Daddy always have me rollin’ with dictionary.” Too funny!
- I feel like I need some things to look forward to right now. I decided to come up with a little list. Here it is:
- New job – Whatever it may end up being
- Getting my next assignment done, and getting feedback
- The Color Run in Orlando (Hoping that we can make it!)
- Watching The Bourne Legacy and the Timothy Green movies with Babe on the weekend
- Getting in some beach time this weekend
- Starting my 5k training again, and feeling better about myself
- Making lasagna (as soon as our kitchen plumbing issue is resolved)
- Ordering and receiving The 3am Epiphany, and having fun going through the writing exercises
- Spending lots of time with Babe (SO glad she’s back!)
Any craziness going on with you this week? Any weekend plans? What are you looking forward to?
I want, I want, I want. I don’t feel like waiting for Christmas. I’ve been putting everything off for a long time. Now, things are looking up. I’ve got a little bit of money in my pocket. I think I can treat myself a little. Right? I can’t have it ALL, but I can certainly have sommme.
- New Nook with a case or two for protection (and the cute factor). Of course the green would be for every day use, and the pink would be to change it up from time to time. It’d be great to have two nooks, because then Babe and I can read a book at the same time. We’d link them both to my account, so we’d pay for the books once, but have them on two devices. Perfection! I could also use a booklight.
- Straw case for my new Nook. I had one custom-made for my original Nook, and it is SO nice. It’s the natural straw colour with green straw going through it. The lady did a fantastic job, and the price was amazing. I’m definitely going back there to get a nice case for the new baby. (Yes, I still need the B&N case. I like the added protection and style. The lady made the case for the original so that the Nook fits snugly and securely into it WHILE in the B&N case. I’ll post pictures later.
- Piles of clothes from Forever21. I left pretty much all of my clothes when I moved from Halifax. I still haven’t built my wardrobe back up. I did a little bit late last year, and that helped, but there’s more to be done. Especially now that I have a new job. And in the affluent part of the island. I need to look GOOD. My wishlist on the website is LONG. I’ll have to choose carefully what I add to my shopping cart for the first purchase. I’ll focus on what I can use best and interchangeably with what I have for work. I’ll worry about fun clothes later. Some of the things I want are this, this, this, this, this, and this (which I love to get in a zillion colours because it’s so easy to throw on and change up with vests and sweaters).
- Clothes for Babe. That’s another wardrobe I’d like to pep-up. We talked about it, and we’re gonna work on it. SOON!
- Running clothes! When I get into something, I get ALL into it. That’s me. Right now, I’m getting into running. I found a cool website with funky running clothes, and I’m a funky kinda girl. Give me colour! Give me stripes! I love it! I’d also like to get running skirts because they’re so girly and cool, and typically unexpected (of a runner). I like being different. And stuff. Hahaha. I need to find some that I really like, and don’t cost a million dollars.
- Earrings. I don’t know where all of my earrings went to. It pisses me off to think about it, so I try not to. I just know that I need something in these holes in my ears. And I don’t wear ’em cheap. Gotta be gold. White or yellow. Diamonds? Yes, please.
- Living Room Set. I need us to have a nice sofa. Something to plop on when we’re just in from wherever. Or to sit and talk. Watch tv (whenever we get cable). The sofa would probably be lonely if we didn’t get two chairs, or a loveseat and chair to go with it. I have my eye on a set. It’s under $900. Layway, maybe?
- Dining Room Set. Because look. We can’t keep eating on the bed. We should be able to sit to a nice table, look at each other, and enjoy our meals. It’s only right and proper! I had my eye on a table with 4 stools (no backs) in here for a little under $300. Big sale yesterday = set sold. Probably for the better, because I’d prefer chairs with backs, and so would Babe. There’s a little “Bistro” set. Table with two chairs. Under $250. It’s cute, and I like it, but I think it may be a bit weird in our place because we have a kitchen counter/bar thingy. The stools would have been cool, because we could use them at the bar too. Also, I’d like a table that could seat 4 people. I could see us having people over for dinner someday.
- Internet. Yeah, we still don’t have it at home. Hahaha. These things are SO expensive to set up. It’s $300 to set up cable and internet. That doesn’t include the first month of service. Hahahahaha.
- Gas. For our stove. Right now, we’re working with a single burner hotplate. So, yeah. For some reason, it would cost us $300 to get a tank full of gas. I’m like, “Sorry, what?!” It made more sense to get a hotplate. Now, I’m thinking maybe a small tank. We’d have to get it filled more often, but whatever. $68 vs $300. $68 wins.
- NookBooks! I don’t need to explain this, do I? I haven’t bought a NookBook ALL YEAR. I DESERVE a HEARTY helping of NookBooks. Babe and I both do.
- Pandora charms for my bracelet. I only need about 4 more to fill my bracelet. I’d like one to be a symbol of PASSION (related to going after what I want, living for me, etc.), an elephant (because there’s one in every room, and I love ’em!), and another green one. The last one can be a present. 🙂
- A tattoo. It’ll say “Walk in Love” in nice big, loopy, cursive letters. There’ll be some henna-like vines of flowers and hearts stemming from it. I want it on my wrist. It’s my new religion. And it’s something that I need to remember, always. And share with people. Whether I remember to do it verbally, or not.
- A scooter. For Babe and I to get around more easily. I hate the bus. Cycling isn’t safe with all the highways around us, our narrow roads, and the horrible drivers. A car simply is not feasible, and so unfriendly to the environment. And all it would do is cost us money – buying it, insuring it, putting gas in it, repairing it… It just makes no sense. A scooter, like a bike, would save us from ridiculous traffic, reduce emissions, cost very little in gas, and look for cool for us ladies. Maybe we can make this a Christmas present to ourselves. Last year, I saw them advertised in the paper for about $1,000. We’ll see how it goes.
- Plane ticket and accommodations (Florida) for the weekend I want to do my first 5K. Babe is coming, of course. Gotta have a personal cheerleader!
I’ll end my list there for now. Nothing there is too outrageous right?! I’m not THAT much a material girl, am I? Hehehe.
What do you really need to purchase right now? What would you really like to purchase right now?
YAY! I got tagged in the 10 random facts about me thingy! Thank you, thank you, Vix! As if you don’t know enough already. I love coming up with new things to divulge about myself.
- I’m afraid of pretty much every animal. Baby lizards set me off into fits of screaming, jumping, and climbing. Seriously. I make myself look like a crazy person. Before AND after people around me realize what my problem is. That being said, it’s probably no shock that I don’t like animals. At all. The only ones I have any sort of interest in or kinda like are elephants and turtles. And of course, the wild, crazy ones like tigers. COOLNESS! But I’d only like the wild stuff to pet and take pictures with. That’s it. And I think peacocks are kinda cool. I like fish in aquariums. Those are the only pets I’d ever care to have. Because they’re pretty and add a little something to the ambiance. The water and everything. And they don’t leave fur or poop all over the place.
- I never drink from cans or bottles. No, wait. VitaMalt is always better from the bottle. It’s not the same once it has been poured out of the bottle, or sipped through a straw. Actually, VitaMalt in the can is awful. Nothing like the same greatness bottled. Other than that, I need a cup or a straw. Oh, water is an exception too. Water tastes AWFUL when sipped through a straw, doesn’t it?
- Of all the things in the world, I would most like to be a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) and housewife. It would suit me perfectly. I love a clean house. Cleaning the house is kind of like a religious experience for me. At times, I play a little music, and get in the zone, and BAM! I’m done. Then I revel in the total cleanliness and fresh scent of my home. At other times, I move through the house in silence, and clear my head. And the kitchen. Dear, sweet, holy goodness. Cooking and baking?! YES, PLEASE! I love a well-stocked kitchen. All the better for preparing favourite meals, and experimenting with new ingredients and/or untested combinations of ingredients. I LOVE IT. That should really be my life. Honestly. Of course, I’d spend a good bit of time blogging, and maybe even run a little home business. *shrugs* Busy bee is what I like to be. Actually, I’d even like to home-school my children for a little while. I think doing it all their lives would be an injustice to them.
- I really really really love food. Like, REALLY really. I am a foodie. I love grocery shopping, planning menus in my head, coming up with new ways to season things and put twists on otherwise ordinary dishes, cooking, baking, eating, sharing, getting and sharing reviews, eating out, finding cool new restaurants, figuring out what restaurants’ best menu items and strong points are… The entire process. Food, food, food. LOVES it!
- I like music. A lot. Lots of genres are okay with me. I can rock out, I can belt out (or lip sync) ballads, I can sway to R&B, I can sing-along to stupid, catchy pop songs, I can “buss a wine” to reggae tunes… I like pretty much any type of music. One of my favourite things to do is discover new music. I love finding out about (almost) unknown bands and singers (you know – the YouTube people who don’t get featured on Fox News), LOVING their music, getting it any way that I can, and waiting for them to be great. And of course, proving my awesomeness to myself when I refrain from saying, “Yeah, well I knew about them 2 years before they have a video on MTV” when everyone starts talking about the new artist/band they suddenly LOVE. I’m now following a few people on WP who share their music finds, and OMgoshness! Love and appreciate it. New tunes for my iPod! WOO!
- I thrive on challenging myself. I’m constantly setting goals, and annihilating them. I do big things. Then I have a lull where I’m just normal. Ya know… Like you. (Kidding. Or not.) Then, I get all Oh-my-goshness!-I-should-totally-do-this-amazing-thing-just-because-I-KNOW-I-can-KILL-it. And then I think about it. THEN I research it to DEATH. Yes. To death. I find out everything I can. I go to about.com and read blogs and YouTube it and all this stuff. Then I get caught up in things that are remotely related to it. By that point, I’m completed obsessed with the whole brilliant idea, and want to blow my own mind, so I get AMPED-the-heck-UP. And I do it. E.g. Running. I read a blog post about SHOES. Running shoes. It made me think about running. I did a little reading on running. I wondered if I really hate running. No. I never really ran to know. Hmmm… I should run. I could probably do it. Hell. What am I saying?! I can SO run. ESPECIALLY if I get those super cool
shoes non-shoes. Yeah. I’m gonna run. Wait. What’s the challenge gonna be? What do runners do? Hmmm… MARATHONS. Yeah. I’m gonna marathon up in this mother! YES. Wait. That’s a lot… Blah, blah, blah. Then I decided to train for a 5k. And I (window) shopped online for gear. Everything running-related. Shoes, non-shoes, hydration belts, cool, funky shorts (because I will NOT be running in boring pants. No, ma’am!)… You see what I mean here? Challenges. And obsessions. I like ’em. Stay posted.
- I struggle with water drinkage. Majorly. It’s a work in progress. I have to be very conscious and conscientious about it. I keep my 32oz. water bottle on my desk at work. Sometimes, I play little games with myself. E.g. Every time the phone rings, I drink two mouthfuls of water. Every time I heard a word used or pronounced incorrectly, I drink two mouthfuls of water. Weird? Funny? Whatever. Gotta do what ya gotta do! I’m getting there. Today, I’m not winning. I’ve had about 4oz. I know, I know. But listen… Two days ago, I only had 2oz. left in my bottle when I got home, and I finished it off when I got there. And yes, I know 32oz. is only half of what I should be drinking. Let me tell you this: Previously, I would go two weeks without having water AT ALL. See that there? Progress.
- I often lament about not having any talents. Particularly of the artistic sort. I wish I could draw. I wish I could paint. I wish I could sing. I wish I could dance. I wish I could sculpt random things and call them “art.” I wish ANYthing that ever leaves my hands (after being worked on or transformed in some way) could be called “art.” *sighs* It’s just not in me. I complain about this to Babe (who is a singer/songwriter), but of course, I get that indulgent, “there, there, pussycat” stuff. “You are talented. You’re a great writer…” Right. That’s why you’ve never asked me to co-write a song with you. 😦 Oh, well. You like me, don’t you? Or my blog… Is that art?
- I secretly want to own and run a bakery. Brownies, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, muffins… Fun stuff. I want to take a cake decorating class. I want to learn to properly and prettily ice/frost cakes, work with fondant, etc. When will I be able to do this? I don’t know. It really may not be in this lifetime. But I really, really hope that it is. I love baking. And I’m pretty good at it. I want to share it with the world. But it has to look BETTER than good. I can decently frost a cake, but by bakery standards? Remember what I said about my artsiness? The fact that I lack it? Yeah. That.
- I make up words. And then I use them like they’re real. E.g. Artsiness, drinkage, foodage, goshness… I feel fine about adding “ness” and “age” to pretty much any words I need to use or make into a different part of speech. I see that as my right. I am a lyricist. A WRITER, dang it. If only by that definition where a person who does something is a somethinger. E.g. A cook is a cooker. Well, no. That didn’t work. A person who plumbs (does plumbing) is a plumber. Which reminds me, it cracks me up (and sometimes annoys me) that every Nancy and Bob with a camera calls her/himself a photographer. Seriously, you’re a hobbyist. Or whatever. Get off it. LOL.
Annnd, those are 10 random facts about me. I keep proving to you that I may be slightly insane, don’t I? You’re welcome. I know you appreciate my upfrontness (<—One of my originals). Hearts and butterflies, y’all! 🙂
Oh, WAIT! I have to tag 4 people to do this funness (<—Another. And I’m SO not doing this on purpose)!
Hey, hey, heyyy! Crazy day after quite the weekend. I just couldn’t let the day go by without a little bit of an update. I have to do it the quick and dirty way though. You’ll see why.
- Went to FamJam on Sunday. Was fun. Watched football with my brother, and tennis with my dad. We had some pretty good jokes. My family is hilarious. Here’s part of a verbal exchange:
- Dad: We’re watching the tennis game. Serena’s playing.
- Brother: Oh. She played Djokovic yet?
- Dad: Djokovic is a MAN!
- Brother: So?
- Me: *laughing* Men don’t play women.
- Brother: What?! Someone should protest that!
- Me: All of the feminists are busy right now.
- Brother: But that’s… That’s… *thinking really hard*
- Me: Sexist?
- Brother: YES! That’s sexist!
- Dad: You ever seen WNBA play the NBA?
- Brother: *looking at Dad like he’s an idiot* That’s just STUPID!
- Dad: Ever see a man golfer play a woman golfer?
- Brother: *frustrated* There’s no such thing as a “women golfer” though!
- Me: *dying of laughter* WHAT?!
- Brother: *whispering to me* No such thing as women golfers, right?
- Me: YES, there ARE!
- Serena Williams has anger management issues. WOW. The girl acts like a real fool when she’s good and ready. She goes OFFFFFF. Read about Sunday’s outburst here. Remember in 2009, when she said she’s shove the f%$#ing ball down the line judge’s f%$#ing throat? Oh, man. Anyway, Stosur played a HELL OF A GAME!
- Yesterday was crazy. I had my sister’s Jeep again. YAY! She’s awesome. I got to take her children to school (fun, fun, fun). Whenever we ride together, it’s hilarious. From there, I went back to her place so she could drive to work, then turn the car over to me. Babe couldn’t get out of bed at 6:15am with me, so I had to make a return trip. Typical! Hahaha. Dropped Babe to a hair appointment, and off I went to the local department store (Kelly’s). I got a shower curtain rod (FINALLY!), bath mat (FINALLY), basket to keep our bathroom things in (like toilet paper, feminine products, etc), a new toilet scrub brush and caddy, and a mat for our front door. I was please. Our bathroom is now fit for humans. We love it. I was happy that Babe was happy. I was afraid I would make all of these decisions, and end up with a bathroom that I love and Babe hates. Nope. We’re all good! I’ll borrow the iPhone to take a picture and post it later. One room down, 17 to go (not really)!
- Got a little talk from the GM at work today. It’s no secret that I hate this job, right? Well, for the first few months, I was bored out of my mind. Work was not coming fast enough, or keeping me busy long enough. Eventually, I learned to drag my feet enough to fill my days with the crappy amount of work I got. Now, it’s super busy. Shipments coming in, items on the floor needing pricing, phones ringing, etc. Too bad I’m still working at the same pace. Anyway, she caught on. So now I have to work to my true potential. At a job I hate. Until I find a new one. Please, can I have a new one?! Can Ride For Hope PLEASE stop advertising the gosh-darn job that should be MINE?! It’s time to really stop running those ads, read those resumes, call me in for an interview, and PICK ME! Sheesh!
- There are a bunch of things I want. That’s a post all on its own, really.
- I made a big decision. I’m going to train to run 5k (January or February in Florida). Yep. I used to say that I hated running. I don’t think I ever ran (enough) to really know whether or not I like it. Well, I’m giving myself the chance. And the challenge. A chance and a challenge in one. I found a few training programs. There’s one that I think will work for me. I talked to Babe about it last night. I made it clear that I need full support. And requested, in advance, Babe’s presence when I actually do the 5k. The response was something like, “Of COURSE I’ll be there, Babe! Are you serious?! You think I wouldn’t be there?! I will be there.” That made me smile. So that’s another thing I’ll definitely be posting about, as I make progress, hit walls, yell at myself, make changes to my diet, find cool running gear (see previous post – hahahaha), etc. This is something totally new for me, and I love it. I randomly come up with things I want to do, things to prove to myself, things that are outside of my comfort zone, and then I GO IN FOR THE KILL. Yes, I do. Cheer me on, y’all! I’ll make ya proud. Oh, Babe also said something like, “I’ll support you. I just won’t be out there running with you while you train and stuff. I’m not doing that.” Hahahaha. That is one not-so-into-fitness-or-exercise person I have there. Another quote: “And you have to get a complete physical. So tell me when you’ve seen the doctor.” Meh! Precautions schmercautions! Is that really necessary?! I don’t know. I guess I should do it to be on the safe side, and to make Babe feel comfortable with it.
Hope your week is off to a great start. I’ve had some ups and down already, but it’s a-okay. I’m breathing, and remembering to live. As long as there is life, there is hope, right? 🙂