Hey, y’all. Just a quick post to prove that I’m alive. Haha. Two things today. First, I’ll tell you about the exciting things I’m up to. Then, I’ll tell you what tv shows Babe and I are enjoying these days.
- NaNoWriMo! I’m ML for The Bahamas – Super tiny region. Hoping to increase the number of participants. Beyond that, I’m really excited that Babe will doing it, and as a REBEL! She’s writing a musical. Also excited that our good friend Ashley is joining the fun. If nothing else, the three of us will get to hang out (in person AND on twitter), and bang out 50,000 words of AWESOME. Join us? If you want in, let me know! Join our region! (You can join more than one, but can only “home” to one.) We can have online word wars and such. You know you wanna!
- WEBSITE! I’ve been talking about this forever. “I need a website.” “I need to start building my author platform.” “I need a professional social media identity.” “Hmmm… I should have a website.” You know what. Hush all the noise. The domain name has been purchased! I have a website! It’s not live yet as I am still tinkering with things. By this time next week, it should be up and ready for your viewing. Yay!
- Writing projects. I have about 10 things I need to do, writerly. I have two shorts to do final edits on, one flash to complete+post for critique+edit, two one-act plays to write, one 10-minute play to write, and two short stories to write. AND I need to set my story milestones for the NaNoWriMo novel. All this in FOURTEEN DAYS. On TOP of 2 weekly blog posts on the NaNoWriMo blog. Oh, the insanity! I love being busy though, I’m not gonna lie!
- Flag Football. I seriously considered quitting. Seriously. I’m not big on quitting, but I’m not big on looking like an idiot either. I wasn’t feeling very good about my abilities. Well, I’ve figured out that it’s not really me. It’s the crappy lighting we’ve been practicing in. I do MUCH better in the light. And our games will be in the afternoon, so YAY. Mind you, I may still quit. We’ll see. The coach kinda pisses me off, and I think we may have to curse it out once or twice before the season even starts. Also, I don’t like being the worst person on the team, OR warming the bench. I’m not one to make up numbers. If I’m on the team, I’m gonna PLAY. If not, I’d rather read a book at home. Real talk, y’all.
Ok, enough of that excitingness. My heart is beating super fast and I’m getting drunk on adrenaline or something. On to the tv shows…
- We LOVE Downton Abbey. It’s started again! YAY!
- Homeland. It’s started again too. It’s really quite interesting.
- We just started watching Switched at Birth. I really like it. It’s awesome that there’s a tv show with half its story line being about people who are deaf while not highlighting it, or making it seem like the worst thing in the world. It’s a pretty awesome tv show, and I really like the range of characters. Gotta say I really like Bay and, right about now, I’m finding Daphnee reeeally annoying. I’m glad Bay and Emmett are together. They’re cute.
- Misfits. It must be starting soon! I’ve seen people tweeting about it, and posting about it on Facebook. YAAAYYY! We were super addicted to it, and watched the first season in about 4 nights.
- Person of Interest. Holy craziness! This show is fun.
- Scandal. We watched the first episode of the current season and then forget about it. Gonna have to look it up.
- White Collar. I just like Neal. I really do. He’s just so cool, all around. Haha.
- Criminal Minds. I think we’re watching season 6. I want to hurry up and get into season 7, but I don’t think it will make sense until Babe sees what happens in season 6. Sooo we’re watching season 6. We don’t watch it much because she thinks it gets a bit gory. I admit that it does, but it doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers her. We definitely can’t watch it while having dinner.
- Modern Family. YEP! Still lovin’ it!
Our tv show interests are quite broad. We watch a lot of different things. I recently watched an episode – wait… TWO episodes – of Four Weddings? Something like that. Four brides compete for a honeymoon. They all attend each other’s weddings and rate them in different categories. Whoever has “the best wedding” wins the honeymoon. It’s kinda weird, but I got some good laughs watching it.
Now it’s your turn. What interesting things are going on in your life? Any new commitments? Goals? Crazy to-do list? Will you do NaNoWriMo with me (and my crew)? What tv shows are you enjoying right now?