Lots of things have been happening. I’ve been acting on things more than thinking about them lately. I’m holding myself accountable. I need to do what it takes today to be happy and fulfilled tomorrow.
Here’s a little slice of goodness from my week:
- Got to the grocery store, FINALLY.
- Picked up three movies to watch. Babe and I are whipping through tv shows and movies like nobody’s business and it’s getting harder to find things we haven’t seen yet AND would like. May soon resort to the classics. Haha.
- Doing much better with water consumption.
- Finally proved that I’m not completely inept, and I DO know how to throw and catch a friggin’ football. (I just refuse to put in full effort when I bored, nearly to death, and simply tossing the ball back and forth. Give me a challenge, and I will accept!)
- My application to be ML (Municipal Liaison) for my region (The Bahamas) in NaNoWriMo was accepted. WOOT, WOOOOT! So exciting!
- On the FINAL round of edits for my food flash for the Food & Drink themed short story competition. I’m letting it rest for a week before taking my last look at it, doing final tweaks, and sending it off.
- Finally working on a story I had resting for months. I think it’s been months. I’ve decided that some of the suggestions in the critiques were way off base. They wanted me to give them more story. Backstory, really. That is NOT what a flash piece is about. I decided to make it even shorter. Cut it from almost 1200 words to under 1000. That is MAJOR.
- Planned my entire ML month – In-person events, online events (Twitter hashtags/chats), created a blog, listed blog enough blog post ideas to post 2x/week until the end of the year, created a Facebook page, and secured venue for in-person events. All I need to do now is plan my novel (which I started months ago).
- Projects, projects, projects! Lots of things to work on. I love it.
- Positive feedback. I’ve been doing a lot of critiquing on Scribophile, and sometimes I think I may be taking things too far, BUT I want to be honest. Makes no sense posting work for crits if you don’t want the good, bad, and ugly, right? So I go hard. A lot of people seem to appreciate it, and send me the nicest little messages, thanking me for my help. One woman even said I’m a great editor AND writer, and called it a “power combo”. WOW. Mind. Blown.
How about you? What are you thankful for this week? What has you feeling great?