Today, I complain. I just have to, ok?
- Mother has been back and forth to a neurosurgeon in Florida. There have been lots of tests, and lots of money has been spent. This morning she got a call from the doctor who has been reviewing all of her scans from 2002. It is now known that she does NOT has MS. Well then why does she have problems with her legs? Why was she unable to walk for weeks? Why has she be paying thousands of dollars per month for Avonex? What does she ACTUALLY have? No idea. That’s what. Absolutely no idea what the hell is wrong with her. Did I mention that the local neurologist she sees is a total dumbass? Yeah. I kinda have it in for the moron.
- I have not yet found a job. This sucks. I need a steady income. I can survive, money-wise, but not forever. I’m really not enjoying my time at home. This is largely due to the fact that I do not have a proper workspace (where I could be getting writing done), the internet is up and down all the time (I lose replies to posts and emails a LOT), and Babe and I have to share a computer. I have a hard time with it because it always feels like what I want/need to do is less important or significant than whatever she is doing. There are a lot of things I need to do right now that probably appear to be frivolous, but are not. It’s extremely important that I build my author platform, do as much research as possible, and stay connected to the indie writing community. I don’t want to constantly ask to use the computer, but I don’t want to sit idly either. I am failing to strike the balance. And no, having a schedule does not work. Note: This is not an attack on Babe. The situation is not her fault.
- I’m writing children’s stories. They need illustrations. It’s a fail. I have yet to find an illustrator for this project. I need someone who will stick with it at least until the end of the year. I’m doing a series, so the illustrations have to be consistent. The characters, the scenery, the overall style… I want to bang out 6 stories/books by the end of the year. It’s not looking good. Artists in this country are some combination of flaky, unprofessional, expensive, too laid back, poor communicators, and overly opinionated. I just want someone to meet my requirements (which include professionalism and ability to meet deadlines), complete the project on time, and not kill me with the price. Apparently, this is too much to ask. I’ve started looking elsewhere. I’m hoping to find a student or recent grad who will take this on. Blaaaaah!
- I have not been working out. At all. It’s one of my ROW80 goals to run 4 times per week, and it is NOT happening. It sucks. Not only because I am not meeting a goal, but because it makes me feel like crap. I tend to be more lethargic and listless when I don’t get enough physical activity. I need to fix this. I did some yoga this evening. That’s a start, right?
- FROGS. I freaking HATE the nasty little pieces of crap. With the rain we’ve been getting recently, they are showing up more. I had three scares in 24 hours. I don’t know what to do. And no, I will not get over my irrational fear of them. They are GROSS. DISGUSTING.
In the midst of all this, I have managed to get some writing done. Unfortunately, it is all over the place. I have six files going on my Neo2. Yep. That’s six different pieces. One is a flash fiction which I think is quite interesting. I’m excited about transferring it to the computer to edit, edit, edit. I’ll be submitting it for a competition this month. The other files are all the beginnings of short stories. I really have no idea where four of them are going. I just kind of started them all on whims. The fifth one, I have a better handle on. I can see where it’s going. Is it weird that I plan, plan, plan my novels, but I pants my short stories? Maybe. But my
process is my process, right?
How about you? How is your week going? Any frustrations? Do you see the light at the end of the tunnel?