One week into the ROW80 challenge is probably a good time to set some goals, right? LOL. Work has been crazy, and I haven’t fit in as much LIFE as I would have liked. Anyway, I’m getting back on track. It’s time to get some writing done. It has been too long!
Here are my goals:
- Turn a short story into a longer story. (I wrote a short story in November that definitely could have been longer. I could have included more information, more events, etc. I need to get to it!)
- Complete character profiles for novel.
- Submit character profiles to critique group for feedback.
- Complete (10) chapter plans for novel. (Once I’ve planned the first 10, I’ll get to writing. Whenever inspiration hits, and I know where to go next, I’ll plan more chapters. I just need to get the right, structured start.)
- Complete chapter one of novel.
- Submit chapter one to a First Chapter competition.
- Write five short stories.
- Edit and polish three short stories.
- Enter three short story competitions.
- Write three sample pieces for writer’s portfolio.
- Spend 30 minutes per week developing a plan for creating my author platform (until challenge end OR until I have a clear vision of what the website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter page should all look like).
- Research and take notes on at least 3 self-publishing options.
- Select and sign up for a self-publishing service.
- Run at least four days per week for 15-30 minutes.
- Choose and register for a 5k event in 2012.
- Drink at least one bottle of water every day.
I have a lot to do between now and June 21, right? It’s okay. I’m gonna plan this all out in my handy-dandy student planner. I will succeed! I’ve already succeeded in meeting my goal (that stayed in my head) to set goals. 🙂
On another note, I know I haven’t been posting much lately. Things around going to normalize in the next few days, so I’ll be back to posting regularly. YAY! 🙂
Yesterday was super long. I worked from 8:30am to 7:15pm. It was non-stop all day. I got home, and was STARVING. I was happy to eat, shower, and relax. We watched Project Runway and Modern Family – two of our faves at the moment. Later, we had a discussion that still has me kind of all over the place. This morning, I wasn’t able to shake the feelings. For now, I have them at the back, and I’m letting all the things I need to do today sit at the forefront. The past – specifically, people of the past – just keep creeping up. Things were revealed in past few weeks that I didn’t know about, and I’m pretty upset about it. I kind of let it die, but recent discussion has brought it back to the surface. And I hate it. I find it very difficult to deal with being disrespected, whether or not those involved realize that they’re disrespecting me. *sighs* I need to do a free-writing session before the end of the day to clear my mind (and not make this an emotional dump). After that, whatever decisions people make will be on them, and I will do my best not to say a thing about any of it. It doesn’t make a difference anyway.
How is your week going? Are you swamped with work? Are you participating in ROW80? Link to your goals! I’ve missed a lot of posts in the last week or so. Give me the link to one of yours that I MUST read. 🙂