Ryan (my 4-year old cousin) hung out with us for the night while his dad went to a meeting. I love when he visits! (He lives on another island with his mother.)
- Babe and I took him to a new game room. It’s pretty cool with about 15 flat screens set up with game consoles like XBox and Wii.
- He chose to play PacMan, a Mario Bros monster truck driving game, and something else I don’t remember.
- It was hilarious, watching him play the games and get so excited that he couldn’t sit down.
- We fed him Cheetos, root beer, and
vanillafamilla ice cream in a cone. The cone was not consumed.
- When we were about to leave, “Sexy and I Know It” played. Of course, the child stopped, struck a pose, and said, “SEXY AND I KNOW IT!” The woman who was helping us said, “Awww, he’s so cuuute!” Hahaha.
- As we walked down the sidewalk (in the shopping centre) from the game room to the ice cream parlour, he stopped about 3 times to strike a pose and remind us that he’s, “SEXY AND I KNOW IT!” Hilarious.
- While hanging out in the ice cream parlour, after we were done eating our ice cream, he told us the story of “Jack and the Beanstalk.” I kid you not, the boy told the story VERBATIM. It was amazing. When he was done telling the story, we sang a few nursery rhymes.
- In the car, we turned the radio up and sang and danced.
- His dad’s meeting went later than expected. We found a spot to park and listen to music. Eventually, I got out of the car to entertain him with dance, and he joined me, dancing in the dark, on the side of the road. FUN.
- We didn’t go running. 😦 It rained in the early hours of the morning, and by 6am, it was wet and gross. We just stayed in bed.
- At 6am, there were two doorbell rings. We were annoyed, and hell-bent on ignoring. Eventually, I realized that it was probably my cousin, meeting us to run. I opened the door, told her we were still in bed, and she could come in and sleep or something until time for yoga.
- Babe and I didn’t end up continuing to sleep. We chatted and laughed in bed, and then decided to get ready.
- Yoga was great. It was a rather relaxing class. We didn’t do anything too taxing. Leg raises were the toughest part. We also did sun salutations, warrior poses, triangle, shoulder stand, bridge, and breathing exercises.
- We left feeling relaxed and refreshed. Off we went to get breakfast!
- Unlike last week, they did NOT run out of my Saturday morning special. Babe and I had our desired breakfasts, and we watched two episodes of Modern Family (we may be
slightlyaddicted) and an episode of Downton Abbey (another slightaddiction).
- We just relaxed for the rest of the day, with our nooks. Babe is reading Graceling, and I’m still reading The Book Thief. SO good!
- We were bad girls and had chocolate cake (me), tiramisu (Babe) and nachos for dinner.
- No run again. The weather did not cooperate.
- We did some cleaning, and more Modern Family + Downton Abbey + reading
- The usual FamJam at my great-gram’s house. Ryan was there.
- I got lots of spontaneous hugs from Ryan throughout the afternoon. I even got a “Myyy Alicia!” with one of the hugs. 🙂
- When I was leaving, Ryan started to cry. My heart broke a little. I told him to be sure to call me when he’s back in Nassau. He left for Abaco this morning.
- 300 word Flash Fiction + 2 edits
- Complete character development for novel
- Outline ideas for children’s books
- Start work on grant proposal for business
- Find an illustrator for children’s books + Get quotes
- Complete registration folders for the event
- Record ideas from The Book Thief, A Secret Kept, and The Forgotten Garden
How was your weekend? Did you do anything interesting? What’s your week looking like?