I’ve always wanted to be creative. I’ve WISHED for creativity, to be honest. In elementary school, I looked at the artwork of my peers, and wondered why I wasn’t good at painting. Or drawing. Or using paper, glue, popsicle sticks, and glitter to make masterpieces. Where was my creativity?! Did I not have any?! That wasn’t fair.
It took me a very long time to realize that I do have creativity. I do have a talent. It just so happens that my tools are not what I expected. I don’t work well with physical things. My tools are words. I’m still getting used to this new-found knowledge. I catch myself saying, “Talent? Oh, I don’t have one,” and “I’m not creative at all.” Sometimes, I need gentle reminders.
Endless thanks to Running Thriver for recognizing my creativity. Even if it’s a different flavour. Not creative, but kreativ. I’m down with that!
There are rules to accepting the kreativity, and today, I feel like following the rules.
- You must thank the person who has given you the award. (Done!)
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (Done!)
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award. (Done!)
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (Done a million times over, but it’s fun, so let’s do it again!)
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. (K.)
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (No, kidding!)
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated. (Ugggh… I may not do this today, I’ll do it.)
- I had to do some errands for work today, so I went on two personal runs since I was in the area. I made a deposit to my account linked to my debit card so I can buy nookbooks! YAY! And I bought a DT book from a local bookstore. I’m excited about reading it when I finish The Book Thief.
- I’m the planning stages of a novel. I haven’t done any work on it in a while, but there is a lot to do, so I’m getting back into it on the weekend, when I’ve done some work on my short stories. I’m excited about this novel, so I’m really taking my time, and only working on it when idea come to me, and I’m excited to work on it. It is a labour of love. I refuse to force it.
- I have an idea! It sprung like a tree from this seed. I’ve always shied away from things like this because of my lack of creativity. My kreativness can only take me so far. Now, thankfully, I know an artist. I’m hoping he is willing and able to help.
- I’m thrilled that Daylight Savings time is back. I don’t understand why time changes. It makes no sense. Let’s just keep the longer days!
- I am extremely passionate about non-profit work and volunteerism. There is so much work to be done. I’m happiest when I can do some of it, making a difference.
- Although I am concerned about the things happening globally, I believe that good work needs to start at home. Why send money to another country to aid an issue that exists in my own country?
- I have never had a desire to be rich. I’ve only ever wanted to be comfortable, and to have the ability to help others in any way that I can. No matter how much I have, I make use of it.
I’m passing this award on to:
- Christina. Read her most recent post here.
- Sue. Read her most recent post here.
- Adele. Read her most recent post here.
- MB. Read her most recent post here.
- FF. Read his most recent post here.
- Tim. See his most recent post here.
- Kate. Read her most recent post here.
Have a great Tuesday!