I love Mondays, and you know this, right?
Maybe I’m a little bit EXTRA happy today. If I am, here are a few reasons:
- I did my run AND yoga even though I was struggling with the first day of “the affliction.”
- I had a few minutes on the beach, just looking the ocean, smelling the salt in the air, feeling the breeze, with the sun at my back.
- I found the perfect writing desk, untreated, at Wood You. Now I just need to save the money, and think about/find the designs I want to stencil onto it before finishing it.
- I edited a short story a wrote last week, and it’s alllllmost there. It will definitely be ready for the Cheers Reader competition on Thursday.
- I feel like my short story writing skills are improving. The quality of this story in comparison to the last one (yes, I remember that I rushed it) is commendable. I’m going to go back to the other story later this week to bring it up to par.
- I’ve been doing well with drinking water, and I’ve been practicing yoga more. I definitely feel the difference, and I like it.
- I’m making soup tonight. It should be good for 3 meals each. Hopefully, I’ll find some nice bread to go with it.
- My friend of 21 years or so celebrated her birthday on Saturday evening. It was a nice bbq at her house. It’s always nice to catch up with her. Another friend (of about 15 years) was there, and we hadn’t seen each other in about 3 years. Some other interesting people were there, so it made for a pretty cool evening. I was glad Babe got to meet two of my oldest friends – two of the only people from way-back-when that I bother to keep in touch with.
- Babe loves me. I hear it and see it every day. 🙂 How fortunate am I?!
- At least 3 evening runs to get back into the groove
- Grocery shopping
- Lunch from home at least 4 days
- Polish short story for competition
- First draft of flash fiction for competition
- Full inventory of items in storage unit
- Develop a plan for the purchase of my own vehicle without bank financing
What are you up to today? How do you feel?