- Not too much to say today. Just some quick notes:
- I have a short story written for a competition at the end of the month. Just the first draft. I’m hoping to edit it 2-3 times before submission. It changed directions about three times while I was writing it, so some parts of it don’t make sense. It’ll only take one revision to fix that. Then another revision for language and grammar (which is never a problem for me). Then another for setting and descriptions. Then, a final read-through. Oh, and giving it a title. Always a hard part.
- I have a short story that isn’t the best quality, written in a rush for a competition. It’s not going to even place. It’s not because it’s not a good story. It is. It’s just in that first draft mode. I need to move it beyond that place. Now that I’ve distanced myself from it for months, I can go back to it. Maybe I can get it to a level where I can submit it for another competition.
- I really don’t like grocery shopping. Not here. And I really, really don’t like having to do it more than once per week. We went yesterday, and didn’t have enough money. We clearly did not communicate about it properly, so it was kind of a wasted trip. It’s not that we’re broke. We just didn’t prepare properly. I would have preferred to make one trip. Gas is expensive. The grocery store sucks. And I really don’t like having to do things after work. Thank goodness I didn’t have to get my mother from work after that trip (as originally planned).
- I have to go to the storage unit today. Repairs need to be done, so I have to be there to open it up, and guard the stuff. While I’m there, I guess I’ll start organizing things for the support tents at the bike-a-thon. I can’t stand to be idle. I just hate having to drive there, and all the way back this way. I tried to schedule it for 3pm so that I could just go home from there, but I guess they get off earlier than that. Ugh.
- Came across the Spread the Word to End the Word campaign yesterday. I pledged. You should too. I tried adding the badge to my right column, but no luck, WordPress really pisses me off. By the way, why is it that every time I follow someone now, it signs me up to receive an email EVERY TIME THEY POST?! I do NOT want posts in my inbox. I just want them on my “Read Blogs” page when I log in. Anyone know how to fix that?
- Going to practice my sun salutations. That always makes me feel better.
- I’m feeling really mellow today. I’m not sure why. I didn’t sleep well at all last night. I fell asleep on the couch, during a rest-my-eyes moment during reading time. I woke up on the couch, light off. I was a bit peeved that I wasn’t awakened to go to bed. Anyway, I brushed my teeth and put myself in bed around midnight. I didn’t sleep soundly from there. I was between sleeping, thinking, and scowling. The thinking and scowling slipped into my dreams, so there were arguments and standoffs. Eventually, I decided to give up and just lay there until it was time to get up. I got up, got ready, and got out. The radio was on the classical station from last night (when garbage was playing on the other stations). That must be what shaped my day. I just feel… Mellow. It could be the weather too. I forgot about that. It’s pretty cool (not cold) for The Bahamas right now. I even saw an idiot in a puffy jacket with the fur-fringed hood up.
|Partly Cloudy||Partly Cloudy / Wind||Showers Late||Showers / Wind|
|Feels Like: 73°||High||Low||High|
What are you up to today? How’s the weather? Working on any special projects?