This has to be the most difficult Thankful Thursday post ever. I know, I know. I’m only one line in. Hmmm…
I really haven’t enjoyed life lately. Now, that may be partly my fault. Maybe I haven’t done what it would take. Maybe I’ve wallowed in sorrows and misery. Maybe I missed opportunities. I don’t know. Whatever it is that I did wrong (or didn’t do correctly), the result is non-Liciness. You know what’s weird? One minute, I can be quite fine. Then, all of a sudden, SADNESS. Or the grayest grief. Or anger. Or confusion. Or extreme tiredness and lethargy.
Grammy died on Friday, and the funeral was going to be on Saturday (of this week). Well, it’s a no-go because there’s a funeral scheduled at the church at 11am. If it was a bit early, we could have done a 2pm service. No-go. Weekdays are out of the question, apparently. Why? I don’t know. I don’t see what the big deal is. Anyway, the children (of Grammy) have decided that it will be NEXT week Saturday. *looks around for “Bang Head Here” sign* Seriously… How painful! The time in between is the absolute WORST. I just want it to be done. I feel like the funeral will be the thing that I need to get back into gear. Close the chapter of horrible emotions. Anyway… What could I do?
So the hard part… Thinking of things to be thankful for…
- Change in weather. It’s cooler now. Nothing drastic. It’s not snowing or anything. It’s just substantially different from the the usual 85 degree in the freaking shade. We’re probably in the 70s. FINALLY. It was a WARM Christmas. Anyway, I’m glad it’s cooler. I sleep much better in cooler weather. And I don’t feel the need to shower 12 times every day. Yay.
- Doritos (Cool Ranch) on my desk. It was good thinking for Babe to bring this can of chips here.
- 100 days away from Ride for Hope 7! So exciting!
- I don’t need to buy a bunch of stuff for the funeral. I have unworn black (and black/white) dresses and black shoes. I also have super short hair, so I don’t need to make a hair appointment, spend a bunch of money, or spend hours in a salon. The only purchases I may make are for a black bag (which I need anyway) and a black shawl (because I think I’m going to wear a dress with straps, not sleeves) to make myself decent in the Catholic church.
- My little 140 character story being Story of the Day yesterday on one forty fiction. Go have a look, and critique. 🙂 (Of course it’s the one by “Lovely_Lici”)
- No more pain for Grammy.
- Staci. A really, really good friend to my mother.
That’s it for this week. I’d love to see what you’re thankful for. Link up to the blogroll too, if ya like.
What are you thankful for?