1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Dated a female.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make them. I think they’re silly. If I wanna do something, I just do it. At any given time. I set goals too. I just don’t wait until one year is ending and another is beginning to do it. And when I make up my mind to do something, yeah, I do it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A running schedule that I can stick to, reliable transportation, time and space to write.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 13 (xo), February 24 (anniversary), September 1 (moved w/ Babe), October 17 (new job), November 29 (mother admitted to hospital), December 25 (bling, bling), December 30 (grandmother died)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing my job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing as I should have.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
In 2011? Ummm… I didn’t really buy anything… Living room set? That counts, right?
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
I don’t know. Beyonce, I guess. I just… hate her.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Ummm… I’m gonna go wiiiiith… Stereo Love
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Beaching. Writing. Running.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
(My version of) Fighting. But it had to be done. Points had to be made.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No. But I grew in love. Flew in love. I had the pleasure of rising in love.
17. What was your favorite new TV program?
Misfits. Since it’s the only one I know about and watched 3 episodes of. Is that new?
18. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm… Either A Piece of Cake (Cupcake Brown) or The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Getting this job earlier in the year.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
“Keep it clean, simple, and comfortable.”
21. What kept you sane?
Ummm… Music and my blog.
22. Who did you miss?
My Hali peeps.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Ummm… How new is new, really? I’m gonna go with Odaz. She’s funnn-nyyy. And fun.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
Sometimes it seems like your happiness is at the expense of someone else’s. Then, you have to realize that it’s in that person’s power to be happy, not yours. Just like it’s in your power to be happy. People can only take what you give them. Live for you. Your happiness for someone else’s is never a fair trade.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Who says, who says you’re not perfect?