Five Things About the Weekend
- The thing I remember most, sadly, is that someone close to me called me mean. I feigned surprise at something (pens from my office being at home), and the response I got was, “Yes, I’ll bring them back. I know you’re mean.” Seriously?! THAT’s what you think of me? Great. Really good to know. Thanks. For clarity, I am concerned about 20 pens not being in my office because, really, my principals at work are seriously likely to call me and ask me to bring some of those “bunch of pens” in my drawer (because THEY PUT THEM THERE) to some random place. If they’re not there, I’d have to explain why, or find my way to storage to get some if I have that opportunity. Big deal? Probably not. Likely? Probably not. I’m just saying. But seriously… I’m mean? Oh. I have seriously stressed about this for the past few days, thoroughly thinking it through. Sad? Yeah, probably. *Sighs*
- Shopping. Ugh. Babe had to get a million things for an event she was hosting. We also got a few things for our game night. I got some towels for my grandmother, plants for my grandmothers, and one or two other things. Traffic was ridiculous. I hated every minute of being on the road. Being in the stores wasn’t much better. In the middle of the errands, mum called. She needed a ride from the hospital (visiting my grandmother). I popped in to hail grandmother, then took mum home to grandmother’s house. Back on the road we went. Being in my grandmother’s area was the push we needed to get mace for Babe and a stungun for me. Yay!
- Had a fun game night at our place. My cousin was the first to arrive. We chatted until our friend (who we met through my cousin) arrived with her new girrrlfriiiend. We chatted more, had lots of laughs, and played a few games of Cranium. After that, they played a few games of Dominoes. I’m not big on Dominoes, so I sat those out. I focused on eating the brownies my cousin brought. Have I ever mentioned my insane snackiness? I LOVE snacking. And snacks. YUM, YUM, YUM! FOOOOD!
- Ran on Sunday morning. Opted to do 15 minutes instead of the usual 20. Just because it had been so long. I pushed more than usual. I didn’t run particularly fast. I just tried to run for longer. I usually do 2 mins running OR 3 minutes running alternated with 1 minute of walking. I did that at the very least. When I felt I could, I ran for longer. With that, I managed to run my fastest mile. YAY! I’ll post the details of the run on Ice Cream Runs a bit later.
- Sunday was stupid. Got horrible news about grandmother’s health. Felt very alone and inconsolable. Blah, blah, blah.
Four Things About Today
- My legs are still a bit achy from my first run in friggin’ aaaaages on Sunday. I didn’t wear my calf sleeves. Silly, silly. I’m going to wear them next time.
- Brought lunch today. I have food from FamJam on Sunday. Babe has food from last night. We did beef strips with potatoes and carrots. And rice, but she doesn’t eat rice and potatoes at the same time. *shrugs*
- I neeeed to get out for a run. I’ve realized that it’s the release/therapy that I need sometimes.
- I’m worried about things. I know that worry doesn’t help, but it’s there. What am I supposed to do? Not worry? I sort of have to.
Three Things About This Week
- It doesn’t feel like Christmas is less than a week away.
- I want this week to be over.
- I wish I could just sleep.
Two Things About Christmas Weekend
- I’m not looking forward to it, but I DO want it to hurry up and come, and then leave.
- I wanna go to Junkanoo. That’s about it. Sunday night/Monday morning will be my salvation. Or something.
One Thing About Life
- I should always expect the unexpected.