I’m home now. I couldn’t get a post done to save my life today. It was a pretty busy day. I had today’s planned work, a lunch meeting (I hate those), and an afternoon of correcting errors from weeks ago. Horrid. Anyway, it’s done. And I’m home.
A man stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride when I was on the bus stop near work. He said he could took me to Cable Beach which is far less remote than were I was, so there’s a better chance of getting a bus from there. Because I was willing to risk an abduction for not having to sit there forever, I took the ride. Smart? Stupid? Whatever.
It is PITCH BLACK outside right now. I wish I could time my walk from the bus stop to my door. I walk like hell. It’s almost running. Babe hasn’t been taking the bus home with me lately for various reasons, so I’m all on my own. I feel like it’s only a matter of time before something happens. It really isn’t safe. This area isn’t the greatest, and the people in this country – let along the area – aren’t generally the greatest either. Walking alone, in the dark, is a gamble. I hate it. I feel like a perfect target. Young female. Alone. Walking. In the dark. Same time every evening. A criminal’s dream. All I have is mace. I walk with it in my hand, finger on the thingy. Really though, how much defense is that?! *sighs*
Anyway, it’s Thursday. I didn’t forget. Here’s what I’m thankful for:
– La Senza order came. Yaaayyy new undies!
– Some of the Amazon order came, and it included my giant green mug. I love it. Annnd a 1,000 piece puzzle. I won’t tell you what it’s for. You’ll see the finished product.
– The against-all-odds safety of the past few weeks.
– Breakfast for dinner last night. I’m a fan.
– The gift of writing. This is not to say that I’m “gifted” or any good at it. Just that it’s a gift to be able to express myself using words without having to be verbal.
– Yoga mat arrived. I’m breakin’ it out tonight for quiet time. Maybe I’ll do a few supermans before a few minutes of meditation.
– Internet service on my BB. How else would I be able to post tonight?
Well, the week is almost over. I hope it’s going well, and you’re knocking balls outta the park, gettin’ ish diiiiiddddd!
What are you thankful for this week?