- My hair is super short, thick, curly, and perfectly suited to ME.
- My lips are plump. Full. No collagen or botox or whatever needed here!
- My teeth are PERFECT.
- My nose. It’s just cute.
- My collar bone protrudes JUST enough. Not too much (to make me look sick). Just the right amount. I love it. Collar bones are SEXY!
- B-cups. Hey, hey! I don’t neeeed to wear a bra. I can wear shirts with shelf bras. I can go braless. I can jump up and down and not need to hold anything. And I’m not super flat. Yay!
- My hips are wide. Child bearing hips. Yep! That’s what they call ’em. Bring onnn the babies. Well, no. Not right this second. But you know… When it’s time. Oh, and in combination with the next item on this list, they fill the hell out of a pair of jeans and look GOOD.
- Legs. Legs, legs, legs. I got ’em. Two of ’em. And they are THICK. My pillars of strength, I call them. Good support for the rest of me. I don’t think I’d like skinny legs much. Or at all.
- My hands are big. For a female. Or just for a person. Haha. I can hold a LOT of stuff. Hahahaha.
- Long torso. I have good height on me, and I’m glad it comes from my torso rather than my legs. Long legs can look kinda crazy. And require specially made pants. Screw that. I’ll take my stomach out ANY day over my pants being too short.
- Super dark, full eyebrows. I LOVE this. They go so well with my short hair, and the next item on this list. They can be quite dramatic, or just ordinary. Whenever I go to have them waxed or threaded, the esthetician(s) compliment(s) me on my brows. They all seem to love doing my brows. They’re so easy. Full, dark, and pretty much already in the desired shape.
- My eyes are cool. They’re sort of slanted. Kind of almond shaped. And they change colour. Well, they’re always brown. The shade changes. Sometimes they get really light. Most times they’re kind of an uncommon (to my ethnicity) medium shade of brown. My lashes are dark and plentiful (and it usually looks like I’m wearing eyeliner and mascara), so the contrast is pretty nice. When I DO wear eyeliner or mascara, the effect is crazy. My lashes often look fake, and my eye colour looks like the result of contact lenses.
- My wrists. This is weird, I know. I just think I have nice wrists. Nice size. Sort of dainty looking. I guess I like them because they balance out the size of my hands? I don’t know. Hahaha.
- My feet. They’re big. They help me cover a lot of ground. *nudge, nudge*
- My back is pretty amazing.
- I’ve got a booty! Oh, yes, I do. And it’s not the kind any pirate can take away from me. No matter how I eat, run, cycle, or pray, it’s not going anywhere. Me and this booty are together. Forever.
Well, before you think I’m about to pleasure myself, I’ll stop there. I’m just loving my body today, as per the instructions I read here. It’s LOVE YOUR BODY DAY! With all the crap we’re being fed every day by commercials, music videos, billboards, and magazines, it’s nice – maybe even NECESSARY – to take a day to appreciate the bodies we’re in. We only get one, and we should do what we can to take care of them, and that includes LOVING them. Body hate is dangerously close to self hate. Love, love, love. Bathe in it!
I hope you take a moment to look in the mirror, and love what you see. Even if you just choose three physical attributes. See the good. See the purpose. The use. The beauty. Know that YOU are BEAUTIFUL. And you don’t need anyone else to measure your beauty for you. You decide how you feel about yourself. Carry yourself CONFIDENTLY in your body, and encourage others to do the same. Our bodies are our homes. May as well get comfy!
If you decide to post about your body lovin’, leave the link to your post in the comments. I wanna read about it! If you link back here and to The Sin City Siren, I wouldn’t be mad at ya. 🙂
Sidenote: I’m in my office. I haven’t taken the pictures yet. Well, except for the one in this post. I’ve been busy, busy, busy! So much to do. And I love it all. Ma (my great-grandmother) came by and brought lunch for me. YAY! I’m gonna enjoy that and get back to work. Enjoy your day!