What a busy, busy time! I was internet-less all weekend, and most of the day. I don’t have a dedicate internet connection in my office yet. Soon, soon, soon! I’m working out of the conference room in the building my immediate principal (Susan) works in. My office is in a different building.
It’s my first day on the job! WOO! I’m loving it so far. I’m working on a little project that shouldn’t take me too long, but it’s pretty detailed, and it’s doing a great job of initiating me. There’s quite a bit for me to absorb, and it’s happening quickly and easily, through work. This is the way I prefer to learn. Susan says it’s “baptism by fire.” I’m more than okay with it.
My office is super cute. It’s on a floor with a bunch of storage and a shared kitchen. Mine is the only office on the floor. The only time other people are up there is when they’re accessing files (which I don’t think really happens very much) and when they’re having lunch. That’s all fine by me. Oh. My office has a SKY LIGHT! I’ve probably never mentioned this, but I LOVE sky lights. If it had a window seat, I think I would have lost my mind. I’ll try to take and post pictures later this week.
Tomorrow, I’ll be running errands with Susan. We’re going to get a BlackBerry for me (YAAAYYY!), office supplies, and I think do a few other things. I’m excited about the back-to-schoolness of it all. Can you tell?
I would love to give you a better synopsis of my weekend, but this is the best I can do for now:
- Went for the run with Babe. It was kind of tough. The morning runs seem to be harder on us. It’s clear that it’s better for us to fuel up throughout the day. Running on empty – No bueno. Anyway, we pushed. Instead up running down the highway, turning around and coming back, we took the loop around so we came up a regular street. A street with a hill. Yeah. I TOLD you we pushed. Guess what. It was out best time yet. WOO! *dances*
- After the run, I ended up in bed all day. Massive headache. The change in routine (being off from work >>> not snacking through the day) messed me up. I am definitely one of those people who needs to snack between meals. The headache… I can’t even describe it to you. It as pretty bad.
- Great meeting with Susan on Saturday. Got my feet a little wet, saw my office space and fell in love with it, and met a few cool people (security and front desk).
- Had lunch with my dad when we picked me up from the meeting. We went to Mahogany House and shared a 12 pizza, half seafood + half mediterranean. We stopped into the little shop outside of the restaurant and I bought some butter. Justin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter and Justin’s Almond Butter. I’ve never really been a peanut butter fan, but figured, HEY! There’s CHOCOLATE in it. And peanut butter seems to be a lot of runners’ salvation. Sign me up for trials. Tasted them both. Not bad. Will blog about usage.
- Sunday was the usual FamJam. Good times. I was kind of annoyed that the meats were that-little-stupid-mini-chicken (cornish hen?) and lamb. I hate them both. I had a LOT of starch. My plate was 60% rice and mashed potato, and 40% stuffing, carrots, green beans, and broccoli. I guess I can’t win EVERY week, huh?
- Spent the night at my great-grandmother’s. She lives much closer to where I work, and said she’d drive me. I haven’t quite figured the bus out yet. I missed Babe a lot.
- Today – First day on the job. AWESOME!
- My great-grandmother is probably picking me up from work this evening. Annnd taking me to her house. My dad is supposed to be commanded (by the matriarch herself) to pick me up from her house and take me home. This means no run tonight. I am OVERdue. This SUCKS. My Vibrams are at home. When I run again (TOMORROW), it’s going to be hard on me. It’ll feel like the first friggin’ time. I’m not impressed. I couldn’t plan for this at all, but I still should have. UGH.
- There’s a gym in my office building. I have to find out where it is. Maybe I can get runs in o my lunch break if I need to. I wonder if there are showers… Hmmm…
I should be able to return to my regular posting habits soon. Until then, I’ll try to keep up with your posts and comments, and update my ever-growing list of blog post ideas/topics.