It’s Thursday again, and I’M THANKFUL!
- Yesterday was my sister’s birthday. She’s 34, and looks great! Our older sister successfully organized a surprise party for her at our grandmother’s house. Uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews were in attendance.
- My oldest nephew graduated from the Royal Bahamas Defence Force training program last week. It must have been 4 months long. He had to live on campus, and only got 1 hour passes on Friday. Last night was the first time I’ve seen him since before he left. He.is.BUFF. It’s crazy. And boy, does he look good in that uniform!
- I’m running this evening. Yay! I started a new blog to track progress and talk about runningness. Not much going on there yet, but at least I started.
- New NookBooks! The list of books I got is in this post. YAY! I can’t tell you, and you can’t imagine, how ridiculously excited I get about new books to read. And sharing books I love with people I love. You can look forward to move book reviews. Not too soon though. New job coming up, and I plan to be busy, busy, busy!
- NEW JOB SOON! Five more days at this one. It’s a busy five days. I’m trying to make sure everything is ordered that they could possibly need, and everything on the floor is priced before I leave.
- Good talk/cry session with Babe last night. I got some things out in the open, and generally feel a lot better. And I feel even more confident in the knowledge that we can talk about anything, laugh together, cry together… And Babe said, “You don’t have to be strong all the time. We can share the weight.” I was so happy to hear it, even if I already knew it.
- Ma visited me yesterday. She brought me lunch from the midday service at church. That meant that I could save yesterday’s lunch for today, and not worry about cooking late last night, after the party.
- Got to see my Gram. I feel like I haven’t seen her in ages. When I call, there’s no answer. She’s been sleeping a lot more lately. It worried me, but seeing her made me feel better. She look good.
What are you thankful for this week?