I may not make this clear enough. I am a serious Nutella addict. Chocolate is my ish. That hazelnut… MMM! I also quite like cheesecake. Muchly. And now I can have ’em both?! IN A BROWNIE! Whoa, whoa, whoa… I need proof. You do too, right? Okay, let’s see…
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheti.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, applesauce, and oil; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds or until soft and easy to pour. Pour evenly over the brownie batter, drop Nutella by the spoonfuls on top, and make swirls in the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Yield: 12 brownies
Yeah. It’s possible. I’m doing it. *goes to the kitchen*