The work day is LONG. I have iron-deficiency anaemia. Those are two good reasons for me to eat frequently. If I don’t have snacks, the day does not go well. I get super cranky. I feel ill. I feel tired. I want to kill people. You know… So I make sure I have food. Not just my lunch. Snackage. I toss at least one pre-packaged snack in my bag, and at least one fresh snack. I prefer when a fruit or vegetable is included. I have breakfast before leaving home, have 2 snacks before lunch, have lunch, and rush home to dinner. Yeah… I gotta have my food.
My faves are:
- Banana slices with nutella
- Apple slices with nutella
- Kirkland’s Best Fruit & Nut mix – Amazing mix of dried cranberries, dried cherries, almonds, walnuts, and dry-roasted pistachios. YUM!
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks (Blue package)
- Cheddar cheese slices and cream crackers
- Fritos (Terrible, I know. This is for lazy mornings.)
- Cheese Puffs (Yeah… Like the one just above.)
- Carrot sticks
- Cucumber + Tomato (either with a little Italian dressing, or sour cream and a little salt and black pepper)
- Blueberries + Kiwi (LOVE this combo!)
- Smoothies (I haven’t made one in ages. *sighs*)
- Navel Oranges (cut up)