The Running Thriver, Thoughts From a Jaded Heart, AND She Wants To Write tossed this awesomeness my way! Took me a while to finally accept, but hey… I’m doin’ it! I’m really happy about getting this award. It really makes me feel good and confetti-ish to know that people like what they see when they visit my blog.
I feel super duper ridiculously special right now! I love this award! I think it’s awesome that it comes with rules, and recipients get to spread the love. The best part is that reader get introduced to new, awesome blogs. That is just… Too great. And there are so many blogs that I LOVE to read. I feel like I follow new blogs every day. *thinks* Yeah, I definitely do.
As recipient, I must link back to the givers (done), list seven things about myself (because you couldn’t possibly know enough already), and share it with 5-15 other awesome blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
- I recently started training for my first 5k. I’m really excited about it. I’ve done loads of research, and I’m even more amped up to do this than I was in the beginning. I started another blog to track my progress, adventures, etc.
- I love love love cake and ice cream. I do NOT like pie.
- My favourite cereal in Honey Bunches of Oats. I also like Honey Nut Cheerios. Raisin Bran is okay. I like it best a bit soggy with bananaaaaa. My little guilty pleasure cereals are Rice Krispies (with sugar and a bit of hot water added) and Corn Pops.
- Stereo Love never seems to get old for me.
- My shower has to be HOT. Really hot. Almost to the point of burning me. And I don’t like the least bit of cool air. I close the bathroom window if the weather is cool-ish.
- I’m finally getting back into writing. Hoping to produce some work that’s I’m happy enough with to send off for some competitions. Maybe win a little kizz-ash!
- I really, really like my job.
- I love taking pictures, but not when other people are looking. The only person that needs to watch me take pictures is the photographer.
- I’m over the whole Facebook thing. Twitter and blogging are way cooler. I just used FB for a photo dump. Mostly.
- I’ve weaned myself off of Cokes really well. I still drink them when I feel like it, but it’s not a daily thing any more. YAY, ME!
Some deserving blogs are:
- Eat the Damn Cake – “Beauty. Body image. Womanhood. Dessert.” Kate’s blog is greatness. She echoes so many of my thoughts. Reading her posts often leads me to lots of head nodding, “Frick, YEAH!”ing. Check it out!
- Ramblings of an Emotional Idiot – She’s funny. And honest. Two things that I really like to see. In people, AND in blogs. You’ll see it when you get there.
- Bloom Anyway – One of my new favourite corners of the internet. Very fun, happy, upbeat, flowery… Ya know? It’s a feel good sort of blog. That’s not to say that all of the posts are super HAPPY-LADY-ish. Some are very heartfelt and raw, and maybe a little wrenching. Go see.
- The Feminist Griote – The posts aren’t very frequent, but you can see the thought that went into each one. They’re not ridiculously heavy or full of research or anything. To the point, understandable, and worth the read. So read.
- Up and Away – Fun to read. Sort of… Pleasant? Even when the topic isn’t super pleasant, the approach still kind of is. It’s nice. See for yourself.
- 52 Kitchen Adventures – Recipeeeees! You knooow how I feel about food! This blog has some really worthy-of-trying recipes. If you like spending time in the kitchen, hop over there and see what you can grab.
- Cupcake Project – Yeah. I know I didn’t need to say any more to get you to clicky the linky.
Me! Little ol’ me! I got a blog award! I’m really excited/flattered/honoured/happy/encouraged by it.
Isn't she pretty? My favourite colour and everything!
A million zillion thanks to Stacey at Puns Probably Intended. I came across her blog when I was tag surfing one day. A post caught my eye, and it piqued my interest. I checked out more of her posts, and I had to follow her. She has the best stories about parenting. She says about life (and herself), “Life is often a tug-of-war I am playing with myself. Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose. Many times I find myself to be a walking contradiction.” Well, I don’t think I could have said it any better, Stacey. I concur. That’s life. And I’m definitely a walking contradiction too. Thanks for blogging, for making me laugh, for making me think, and for giving me this awesome, very pretty, lime green award. *curtsies*
The cool thing about this award is that it keeps on giving. Or being given. Like the gift that keeps on giving. It’s like love in Bloggy Land. We just keep spreading it around. Here’s how it works:
As the recipient of this award, I have to:
- Thank the person who shared the award by linking back to them in my post.
- Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that I’ve included them in my blog post.
- List 7 things about myself.
See how forward thinking I am? I already did the first one. On to the rest. Now, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t mix it up a little, right? I’m gonna do the third one next, and leave the goodies for last.
7 Things About Me:
- I never learned to skate or rollerblade, and at this point, I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Not without a strong person on each side of me, gliding me along. Is that the way it works anyway?
- I’m a chicken and turkey kinda girl. I stopped eating pork after a horrible field trip to the disgusting local pig farm (of which I still don’t know the relevance to the biology class) in tenth grade. Actually, I was vegetarian for about a year after that. Then I agreed to eat chicken and turkey so my family wouldn’t think I was anorexic or stress much about what to feed me. Red meat, now, is eaten as a necessity (very rarely) since I have severe iron deficiency anaemia.
- The most I’ve had to drink was a few summers ago. I lost count at the 19th shot of tequila. That was quite a night. Most of it is locked away in some memory bank that I don’t have access to at this time.
- I love my hair SHORT. It make me feel sort of strong. I think it’s a good look for me, especially since I have a pretty nicely shaped head, full eyebrows, and almond shaped eyes. It has a fierce sort of feel to it. And OH, when I put on a little eyeliner and mascara. TKO. Hahahaha. Also, I am lazy when it comes to hair care. Wash and go is the best thing EVER.
- I was in a reality show competition earlier this year. I’ll save the details for one of those posts I always say I’ll do later, and gets left undone for an indefinite period of time.
- I don’t wear makeup often. Not to work. Not to church. Not to the movie theatre. And what the hell is up with people wearing makeup there? It’s so dark! Hahahaha. I wear it for super special occasions like weddings and a less-than-ordinary night out. Even then, I go with my essential five – face powder, a little blush, eyeliner (black or navy blue), mascara, and lip colour (I usually mix two). If I’m wearing eyeshadow, I’m feeling REALLY good, or had a LOT of time to kill, and that was one of the ways I chose to kill it.
- I love jeans. I wear jeans pretty much all the time. On my day off, I throw on shorts or a summer dress, and on Sundays I do the same. For movies, going to lunch, work, etc.? Jeans!
And now, I have 15 of those sexy babies (see photo above) to give out. All of the blogs are follow are pretty recently discovered. I haven’t been here for very long. I’ve come across a lot of awesome blogs, and found a lot of people that I would really like to meet and hang out with. I could see it happening when I start globe-trotting, or when people start vacationing in The Bahamas. I have a spare room. I’m just saying!
And the awards go tooooo…
- Ruthie at Just Rambling is great. She’s just… She makes you want to laugh. And share your sandwich with her. And hug her. And tell her how ridiculously funny she is, how she makes you want to be more positive and happy. Reading her posts, you just know that she loves life. She has fun. She just goes with it. You kind of have to wonder if her feathers ever get ruffled at all! If she has any feathers, that is. Maybe she’s not a peacock like I keep thinking she is. *shrugs* Anyway, she’s really cool. She blogs about random things and her posts are always fun to read and sprinkle a little sunshine in the day. She says about her blog, “These are just little stories about my everyday life. There are tons of things I will never write about. I won’t talk about politics, poodles or knitting since I don’t know anything about it. If you are looking for writings to increase your intelligence level, don’t read these here.”
- Christina at Christina Does It All is too cute! She and Ruthie must be in a happiness competition. She’s super positive and happy and cheery all the time (in her posts). And she’s hilarious. Like, HIGH-freaking-LARIOUS. Her video posts are the best. You get to see all of her personality oozing out of your computer screen and speakers. You convince yourself that you know her. You want to be her friend. She’s one of those people that make you want to pack up and move so it’s possible to hang out at her house and go shopping with her (if you like shopping). Her About Me page is very honest and to the point. She says, “I’m 22. I want to do everything. As you can probably tell by the name of my new blog. I also love people. I would probably love you. Unless you’re a serial killer or something, you asshole.” Yeah. That about sums it up, Christina. Good job!
- Vix at LittleMissVix is pretty great. She sort of blogs about whatever. I like it. I especially like her Friday Finds and Sunday Songs. I like when I can look forward to certain type of post from a blogger on a weekly basis. Every Friday, Vix shares things with her reader. New books, good movies, great songs… All of that. The Sunday Songs are great. There’s always at least one song/artist I’ve never heard. In between all that, she fills in the other days of the week with posts about whatever she’s thinking. This is the first post I read on her blog. Then I read this one. Then I followed. Or something like that. She’s an aspiring writer, and you can read more about her here.
- Haley at Green Plate Dinners is a fellow islander. Okay, so our islands are parts of different countries. Whatever. An island is an island. We bonded. I REALLY like Haley’s blog. I can see it just being very HER. She’s very honest. I don’t feel like she over-edits and sugar coats. She says it. Whatever it is. It’s nothing controversial, mind you. She blogs about running, healthy eating, and general fitness. I like the little tips I pick up from her posts, and the very personal feel. It doesn’t feel like Oh-my-gosh-another-running-fanatic-blog-about-boring-runny-stuff-and-peanut-butter-banana-sandwiches. When you land on her homepage, you see the truth in the way she sums it up. She says she’s “striving to create balance and harmony in my very busy life.” Aren’t we all?
- Courtney at Please Don’t Throw The Sand! has super fun posts. I often want to copy her post ideas. I think I’ve done a good job of resisting temptation so far. Must. Be. Original. At least until she forgets that you should a certain post. THEN, I’ll copy it. [evil laugh] Her posts are the kind that always make you want to comment. You want to have a dialogue with her. You want to weigh in. It’s not that the posts spark a great debate. They’re just the Oh-my-gosh-me-too! and What?-I-NEVER-do-that! type. You just want to say something. Find out more about the girl here.
I’m at work, and it seriously took me all day to do this. I know I have ten more people to give the Versatile Blogger Award to. And I already know who they are. I just can’t do them all at once. I’ll do more next week, k? Until then, go on over to those three pretty ladies’ blogs. Read a post or two, see why they’re awesome, and don’t forget to say CONGRATULATIONNNNNSSSSS!
Have a safe, happy weekend!