I’ve always wanted to be creative. I’ve WISHED for creativity, to be honest. In elementary school, I looked at the artwork of my peers, and wondered why I wasn’t good at painting. Or drawing. Or using paper, glue, popsicle sticks, and glitter to make masterpieces. Where was my creativity?! Did I not have any?! That wasn’t fair.
It took me a very long time to realize that I do have creativity. I do have a talent. It just so happens that my tools are not what I expected. I don’t work well with physical things. My tools are words. I’m still getting used to this new-found knowledge. I catch myself saying, “Talent? Oh, I don’t have one,” and “I’m not creative at all.” Sometimes, I need gentle reminders.
Endless thanks to Running Thriver for recognizing my creativity. Even if it’s a different flavour. Not creative, but kreativ. I’m down with that!
There are rules to accepting the kreativity, and today, I feel like following the rules.
- You must thank the person who has given you the award. (Done!)
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (Done!)
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award. (Done!)
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (Done a million times over, but it’s fun, so let’s do it again!)
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. (K.)
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (No, kidding!)
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated. (Ugggh… I may not do this today, I’ll do it.)
Seven things about me:
- I had to do some errands for work today, so I went on two personal runs since I was in the area. I made a deposit to my account linked to my debit card so I can buy nookbooks! YAY! And I bought a DT book from a local bookstore. I’m excited about reading it when I finish The Book Thief.
- I’m the planning stages of a novel. I haven’t done any work on it in a while, but there is a lot to do, so I’m getting back into it on the weekend, when I’ve done some work on my short stories. I’m excited about this novel, so I’m really taking my time, and only working on it when idea come to me, and I’m excited to work on it. It is a labour of love. I refuse to force it.
- I have an idea! It sprung like a tree from this seed. I’ve always shied away from things like this because of my lack of creativity. My kreativness can only take me so far. Now, thankfully, I know an artist. I’m hoping he is willing and able to help.
- I’m thrilled that Daylight Savings time is back. I don’t understand why time changes. It makes no sense. Let’s just keep the longer days!
- I am extremely passionate about non-profit work and volunteerism. There is so much work to be done. I’m happiest when I can do some of it, making a difference.
- Although I am concerned about the things happening globally, I believe that good work needs to start at home. Why send money to another country to aid an issue that exists in my own country?
- I have never had a desire to be rich. I’ve only ever wanted to be comfortable, and to have the ability to help others in any way that I can. No matter how much I have, I make use of it.
I’m passing this award on to:
- Christina. Read her most recent post here.
- Sue. Read her most recent post here.
- Adele. Read her most recent post here.
- MB. Read her most recent post here.
- FF. Read his most recent post here.
- Tim. See his most recent post here.
- Kate. Read her most recent post here.
Have a great Tuesday!
The Running Thriver, Thoughts From a Jaded Heart, AND She Wants To Write tossed this awesomeness my way! Took me a while to finally accept, but hey… I’m doin’ it! I’m really happy about getting this award. It really makes me feel good and confetti-ish to know that people like what they see when they visit my blog.
I feel super duper ridiculously special right now! I love this award! I think it’s awesome that it comes with rules, and recipients get to spread the love. The best part is that reader get introduced to new, awesome blogs. That is just… Too great. And there are so many blogs that I LOVE to read. I feel like I follow new blogs every day. *thinks* Yeah, I definitely do.
As recipient, I must link back to the givers (done), list seven things about myself (because you couldn’t possibly know enough already), and share it with 5-15 other awesome blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
- I recently started training for my first 5k. I’m really excited about it. I’ve done loads of research, and I’m even more amped up to do this than I was in the beginning. I started another blog to track my progress, adventures, etc.
- I love love love cake and ice cream. I do NOT like pie.
- My favourite cereal in Honey Bunches of Oats. I also like Honey Nut Cheerios. Raisin Bran is okay. I like it best a bit soggy with bananaaaaa. My little guilty pleasure cereals are Rice Krispies (with sugar and a bit of hot water added) and Corn Pops.
- Stereo Love never seems to get old for me.
- My shower has to be HOT. Really hot. Almost to the point of burning me. And I don’t like the least bit of cool air. I close the bathroom window if the weather is cool-ish.
- I’m finally getting back into writing. Hoping to produce some work that’s I’m happy enough with to send off for some competitions. Maybe win a little kizz-ash!
- I really, really like my job.
- I love taking pictures, but not when other people are looking. The only person that needs to watch me take pictures is the photographer.
- I’m over the whole Facebook thing. Twitter and blogging are way cooler. I just used FB for a photo dump. Mostly.
- I’ve weaned myself off of Cokes really well. I still drink them when I feel like it, but it’s not a daily thing any more. YAY, ME!
Some deserving blogs are:
- Eat the Damn Cake – “Beauty. Body image. Womanhood. Dessert.” Kate’s blog is greatness. She echoes so many of my thoughts. Reading her posts often leads me to lots of head nodding, “Frick, YEAH!”ing. Check it out!
- Ramblings of an Emotional Idiot – She’s funny. And honest. Two things that I really like to see. In people, AND in blogs. You’ll see it when you get there.
- Bloom Anyway – One of my new favourite corners of the internet. Very fun, happy, upbeat, flowery… Ya know? It’s a feel good sort of blog. That’s not to say that all of the posts are super HAPPY-LADY-ish. Some are very heartfelt and raw, and maybe a little wrenching. Go see.
- The Feminist Griote – The posts aren’t very frequent, but you can see the thought that went into each one. They’re not ridiculously heavy or full of research or anything. To the point, understandable, and worth the read. So read.
- Up and Away – Fun to read. Sort of… Pleasant? Even when the topic isn’t super pleasant, the approach still kind of is. It’s nice. See for yourself.
- 52 Kitchen Adventures – Recipeeeees! You knooow how I feel about food! This blog has some really worthy-of-trying recipes. If you like spending time in the kitchen, hop over there and see what you can grab.
- Cupcake Project – Yeah. I know I didn’t need to say any more to get you to clicky the linky.
Look at the shiny new award I got from Linasouid! I’m really grateful and excited about it. It always feels so nice to get an award, doesn’t it?! It’s nice to know that someone notices what you’re doing. Or what you did. Or whatever.
The Liebster Blog Award is all about spotlighting newer, up-and-coming blogs that typically have less than 200 followers. That’s definitely me! Thanks so much for noticing, Linasouid!
The Rules of Acceptance:
- Copy and paste the award on your blog
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
- Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers
I’d like to give this award to a few bloggers I really like. I like that they’re so honest. They write in a this-is-the-way-it-is sort of way. No big frills, no sugarcoating, and no trying to be something else, or trying to make it look good. Their posts are just real. And relatable. Here they are:
- Lori at Slow Happy Runner. The woman is amazing. I can’t even really sum it up for you. We seem to have about a million things in common. I noticed this when I read about her and I continue to notice it as I read her posts. She’s on a journey. She’s opened herself up to learning to love herself and her life in new ways, and it’s great to go along for the
ride run. Yeah. She’s a runner.
- Corrie Anne. She’s so cool that her blog name is her name. It’s quite appropriate. She posts in a very this-is-my-life sort of way. Reading her posts is kind of like looking at your friends’ Facebook profiles/pages. You get to meet her hubby and nephews, see what she’s cooking, and what her wedding was like. It’s pretty cool!
- Amanda at Miles Gone By. She’s from KALAMAZOO! How cool is that?! Apparently, she used to hate running. Now she LOVES it. She’s done a gazillion races. Okay, not really. But a lot. Cool to see where she started, and where she is now.
- Ashley at love and running shoes. She’s a big time snacker. That gets her 10 points right off the bat. She pushes herself to do things that are bit of a challenge. Or a big challenge. And that’s cool.
- Natasiarose at Hot Femme in the City. She’s hilarious. Her posts are very entertaining. The kind that make you laugh, and think at the same time, “Oh, my gosh, YES!” You have to visit and read a few posts to get it.