I want, I want, I want. I don’t feel like waiting for Christmas. I’ve been putting everything off for a long time. Now, things are looking up. I’ve got a little bit of money in my pocket. I think I can treat myself a little. Right? I can’t have it ALL, but I can certainly have sommme.
- New Nook with a case or two for protection (and the cute factor). Of course the green would be for every day use, and the pink would be to change it up from time to time. It’d be great to have two nooks, because then Babe and I can read a book at the same time. We’d link them both to my account, so we’d pay for the books once, but have them on two devices. Perfection! I could also use a booklight.
- Straw case for my new Nook. I had one custom-made for my original Nook, and it is SO nice. It’s the natural straw colour with green straw going through it. The lady did a fantastic job, and the price was amazing. I’m definitely going back there to get a nice case for the new baby. (Yes, I still need the B&N case. I like the added protection and style. The lady made the case for the original so that the Nook fits snugly and securely into it WHILE in the B&N case. I’ll post pictures later.
- Piles of clothes from Forever21. I left pretty much all of my clothes when I moved from Halifax. I still haven’t built my wardrobe back up. I did a little bit late last year, and that helped, but there’s more to be done. Especially now that I have a new job. And in the affluent part of the island. I need to look GOOD. My wishlist on the website is LONG. I’ll have to choose carefully what I add to my shopping cart for the first purchase. I’ll focus on what I can use best and interchangeably with what I have for work. I’ll worry about fun clothes later. Some of the things I want are this, this, this, this, this, and this (which I love to get in a zillion colours because it’s so easy to throw on and change up with vests and sweaters).
- Clothes for Babe. That’s another wardrobe I’d like to pep-up. We talked about it, and we’re gonna work on it. SOON!
- Running clothes! When I get into something, I get ALL into it. That’s me. Right now, I’m getting into running. I found a cool website with funky running clothes, and I’m a funky kinda girl. Give me colour! Give me stripes! I love it! I’d also like to get running skirts because they’re so girly and cool, and typically unexpected (of a runner). I like being different. And stuff. Hahaha. I need to find some that I really like, and don’t cost a million dollars.
- Earrings. I don’t know where all of my earrings went to. It pisses me off to think about it, so I try not to. I just know that I need something in these holes in my ears. And I don’t wear ‘em cheap. Gotta be gold. White or yellow. Diamonds? Yes, please.
- Living Room Set. I need us to have a nice sofa. Something to plop on when we’re just in from wherever. Or to sit and talk. Watch tv (whenever we get cable). The sofa would probably be lonely if we didn’t get two chairs, or a loveseat and chair to go with it. I have my eye on a set. It’s under $900. Layway, maybe?
- Dining Room Set. Because look. We can’t keep eating on the bed. We should be able to sit to a nice table, look at each other, and enjoy our meals. It’s only right and proper! I had my eye on a table with 4 stools (no backs) in here for a little under $300. Big sale yesterday = set sold. Probably for the better, because I’d prefer chairs with backs, and so would Babe. There’s a little “Bistro” set. Table with two chairs. Under $250. It’s cute, and I like it, but I think it may be a bit weird in our place because we have a kitchen counter/bar thingy. The stools would have been cool, because we could use them at the bar too. Also, I’d like a table that could seat 4 people. I could see us having people over for dinner someday.
- Internet. Yeah, we still don’t have it at home. Hahaha. These things are SO expensive to set up. It’s $300 to set up cable and internet. That doesn’t include the first month of service. Hahahahaha.
- Gas. For our stove. Right now, we’re working with a single burner hotplate. So, yeah. For some reason, it would cost us $300 to get a tank full of gas. I’m like, “Sorry, what?!” It made more sense to get a hotplate. Now, I’m thinking maybe a small tank. We’d have to get it filled more often, but whatever. $68 vs $300. $68 wins.
- NookBooks! I don’t need to explain this, do I? I haven’t bought a NookBook ALL YEAR. I DESERVE a HEARTY helping of NookBooks. Babe and I both do.
- Pandora charms for my bracelet. I only need about 4 more to fill my bracelet. I’d like one to be a symbol of PASSION (related to going after what I want, living for me, etc.), an elephant (because there’s one in every room, and I love ‘em!), and another green one. The last one can be a present.
- A tattoo. It’ll say “Walk in Love” in nice big, loopy, cursive letters. There’ll be some henna-like vines of flowers and hearts stemming from it. I want it on my wrist. It’s my new religion. And it’s something that I need to remember, always. And share with people. Whether I remember to do it verbally, or not.
- A scooter. For Babe and I to get around more easily. I hate the bus. Cycling isn’t safe with all the highways around us, our narrow roads, and the horrible drivers. A car simply is not feasible, and so unfriendly to the environment. And all it would do is cost us money – buying it, insuring it, putting gas in it, repairing it… It just makes no sense. A scooter, like a bike, would save us from ridiculous traffic, reduce emissions, cost very little in gas, and look for cool for us ladies. Maybe we can make this a Christmas present to ourselves. Last year, I saw them advertised in the paper for about $1,000. We’ll see how it goes.
- Plane ticket and accommodations (Florida) for the weekend I want to do my first 5K. Babe is coming, of course. Gotta have a personal cheerleader!