Looks like I’ve become one of those people, right? I’m not posting daily, or even close to it any more. I guess I have a lot more things to juggle now. I can’t keep all the balls in the air by myself. *sighs* Still, I’ll do my best to keep you updated on the happenings.
Here we go:
- The finished novel is still being edited. Very slowly. I am trying to forget the story before I reread it, and it seems to be working. As I read it, I discover things I totally forgot about. Not just since finishing the whole book, but since writing it (scenes). Things I was supposed to come back to, make reference to, resolve, etc. So yeah… I’m glad I’m doing this read through. There is still a lot of work to be done.
- Book Two is totally necessary. Did I mention this already? I’ve started planning it, but not very heavily. Now that Camp NaNoWriMo is over, I should be able to give it more attention and properly plan it so I can write it during July Camp.
- A cover for The Whispering Willow! My graphic artist has pulled something out! I love it. I wish I could share it with you, but it’s too soon. And I can’t reveal it here. When the time comes, the big reveal will be over at my real website.
- My graphic artist has starting sending me options for the cover of the book I’m currently writing. None of them has really hit the nail on the head, but it still feels like we’re getting somewhere. She’s learning more about my style, my vision, and my concept for the book. We’re well on our way. Progress feels so darn good!
- I got a staff reader position for a new online literary magazine! I’m really excited about it. I’ve been wanting a position like this for a long time. I want to get involve in publishing and get as much experience as I can. It’s all going to add up and make me more knowledgeable about the process, what readers and editors are looking for, and give my writer resume (because, of course, I have a separate resume for my writing) a nice, solid boost. It is not a paid position, but I count the experience. No one else in my life really does, so I haven’t told anyone. I don’t feel like being ridiculed for yet-another-responsibility I’ve taken on that doesn’t-pay-any-bills that actually has me quite excited. It was nice to get the email last week letting me know that I’ve been selected. I’ll let you know when I get started.
- I got my pen! My great-grandmother gave me some money to buy myself something for my birthday. I wanted to get something that would last forever. After much thought, I decided on a pen. It is VERY cool. I ordered it from an Etsy shop where they make handturned acrylic pens. Picture coming soon!
- I’ve been jobless for four weeks. Luckily, I got a random few days of work this week. This will be a big help with the bills that are piling up. I’ve been job hunting for a while, but the land is dry, y’all. If you know anyone who needs help with writing or editing anything please send them to Word Wielder! Low prices!
- Things happen in waves. Some not-so-great things are going on. Not really with me, but people around me. Remember that you only have one body. Treat it well! Got mobility? Use it! LIVE, people, LIVE! Seriously.
- ZINES! I’m making them now. I’ll be producing 4 monthly titles. The May issues are available NOW in my Etsy shop Appetizine. Please check out the listings and let me know what you think. Make a purchase, for you or a friend, and let your friends know about ‘em.
Okay, I think that’s it for now. Have a great weekend!